Thread: Lowe's clearance prices

Lowe's clearance prices

Does anyone know if the cents portion of the clearance price at Lowe's means anything? I suspect it does but I can't seem to find anything on the web as to how to decode it. For example, and item was $219 and is on clearance for $174.09. 09 seems like an odd number, and more like it means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Whitesell View Post
    Does anyone know if the cents portion of the clearance price at Lowe's means anything? I suspect it does but I can't seem to find anything on the web as to how to decode it. For example, and item was $219 and is on clearance for $174.09. 09 seems like an odd number, and more like it means something.
    I don't know the case specifically with Lowes, but some retailers "Code" items on sale by the price.
    BevMO and TotalWine code some of their wines this way. It will either allow for a further coupon/discount or will prevent any additional discount.
    Some stores do this for clearance items. Since there is already a substantial markdown, they don't allow any further markdown.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Blog Entries
    My understanding is if the price ends with a 7 it is a clearance item and that is the last price reduction. These usually have a yellow tag.

From searching for information on this, something was found saying Lowes does the clearance pricing on Thursdays. Supposedly you might be able to get the list of marked down items from the commercial sales desk.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Some thrift stores do this to prevent folks from marking down the price themselves. They see 12.78 they know it is real. 12.80 is not marked by the store but is a home made price tag stuck over the real one.
    Some mark it so the price plus tax is a nice even amount.
    Bill D