Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21 Years Online

21 Years Online

Yesterday we completed our 21st year online. The time has flown by and I have gotten old watching and participating with everyone here.

Only a few people here know that I have been in a cancer treatment program for almost two years and have struggled during most of the time I was in active treatment stages. I went though chemo and radiation and finally had surgery on September 25th, recovery from the surgery was extremely painful, so much so that our Moderators have spent more then their normal access time here to help me keep things going.

Today I am back on my feet, feeling pretty good and able to get in my shop again. Once again I am able to look ahead here at The Creek knowing that I can participate and enjoy all of the great information that you all share. Thanks to our Moderators for their amazing support and to all of you who have been so supportive over the last 21 years.

FWIW even though funding is very tight these days as our advertising support has dwindled I expect we will continue to grow and get through these economic times as we did in 2008. I am currently working on a means to upgrade our Internet access to a fiber connection that I am sure everyone will enjoy. If this works out we will most likely be offline for the majority of a day in about eight weeks. I will keep everyone informed as information becomes available.

Thanks,
    Keith

Prayers going out for you as you continue on your fight with cancer, my wife is in her 5th year of her fight. Maybe some day there will be cures for every form of cancer, til then continued prayers for all.

This is a great site, I have learned a lot reading the information and knowledge shared here.

Thanks for all that you do.

Blog Entries
    I’m in a similar situation and hope the best for you…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Yesterday we completed our 21st year online.
    And still on the original software . . . sorry Keith, I couldn't resist .

Great news that you are back on your feet. I think SMC is the first forum I ever joined . . . and I'm still a contributor. As others have said, thanks for making a space for us to do what we do. Best wishes for you going forward.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    21 years in a long time to be on a forum.. looking at the amount of posts you guys are making, I can see you talk too much.

Glad you're recovering well, Keith! Keep on keepin' on!

Derek

Great to hear your positive news about your health. That is wonderful!

Keith
    Congrats on your health issues getting better.
    Thank you for this forum, has helped me a lot.
    Definitely learned about equipment, new to me technics, etc.
    Sometimes I even learn how I have done things are wrong or even impossible.
    Thanks
    Ron

Keith, my friend, I am so glad to hear of your improved health! 21 years! WOW! I honestly haven't found a more civil woodworking information website on the internet. You, Jackie, the unpaid staff of Moderators are the reason for this. Thanks to you and the staff for all you do! I hate to think where I would be in my pursuit to learn woodworking and the establishing of my amateur shop would be without the Creek in my life.

Congrats on the health issues!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Sending positive thoughts for your continued success in battling the evil one. Thank you and the creek family for providing such a welcoming oasis over the years.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, Keith. Both of my folks went through cancer, and were in pretty rough shape for the better part of a year. Dad’s was 13 years ago, and Mom’s was 4 years ago. I hope that you can put it behind you fully! Thanks for keeping the lights on in a place for us to hang out.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Blog Entries
    Keith it is good to hear that your health continues to improve.

In regard to support for the site, I sent along a little extra with my contribution to help with the costs.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Best wishes as you keep getting stronger and feeling better Keith!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks guys, it sure is good to be back among the living.
    Thanks Lee for the extra financial help, it looks like we will be able to move to fiber for just a few dollars more each month.