Thread: When things just hang around IN the shop

When things just hang around IN the shop

And never get used...time to send them out.

"Donated" 5 full sized Hand saws to the local Lutheran Thrift Store ( Boss had a few items as well)

May continue to sort through and see what else isn't getting any use...

May be another trip, tomorrow? Closing time for "Drop-offs" is 3pm (1500 hrs for you non-civilians )

Maybe they will find a second/third/fourth life in somebody else's hands...
    A Planer? I'm the Planer, and this is what I use

I'm currently putting together a set of tools my father had and used. My brother and I also used them. They aren't anything special, but I'm fixing them up and repainting in the red he used to identify his tools. I plan on giving them to my brothers daughter. She is the only grandkid doing woodworking. Decided to splurge and sent the Jackson backsaw to Matt Cianci for sharpening. Before I sent it, I had cleaned, polished and nickel plated it. Handle painted red. He is done and now I'm waiting for it in the mail. Took about two months. He said it is razor sharp. Sounds good. I didn't do it myself because honestly, my skills sharpening saws isn't great. (As an excuse I have cataracts, glaucoma and other issues). Best to know your limits. I want her to have good working tools so when she picks them up she remembers who has used them in the past.

Blog Entries
    Nice!!!! Will create many memeories for generations!