Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Good Morning and yes, another weekend has come and gone. Seems like the older I get? The faster time seems to fly by.

Friday was the usual killer day at work, spent some needed time with family Friday night.
    Saturday, Mark Cothren and I went up into the Ozarks to visit a fellow woodworker, Tod Evans. Extremely nice visit, great guy, very well skilled in woodworking, and just "good folk" to be around. Thanks Tod for having us up for a visit. It was GREAT!!!!
    Sunday was church, music and family time. The LOML and I are now going through a self-paced course called Finacial Peace University. This is to be a boost to help us get out of total debt and to slowly buiild wealth so I don't have to be a door greeter at Wal-Mart when I retire.!!!! An EXCELLENT course with LOTS of great info and you don't have to have any special skills to get a control of your finances and build wealth, which is great since I ain't never been real good with money as it goes away faster than I can make it anyway.

Today? It's back to work and slamming and jamming on customer issues and problems from over the weekend. I thought computers were supposed to SAVE us time?

Anyway, what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of Weeks to you All!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

saturday, i glued radius blanks, talked with dennis-n-mark, helped the kid fix his car, hurried home to make pizza. sunday i ran radiuses, worked on stuff for a customer, changed oil in two cars my 56 being one of them, went home early and worked on the house some.......02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

This weekend family time. Daughter is moving to Phoenix from Portland. She and 2 of her children came over for the weekend.

Sunday afternoon.....football and long lunch with neighbors and friends.

Did get some new "turning STUFF" ordered.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I was working in the shop, continuing work on a blanket chest for our youngest granddaughter. (This is the 5th chest)

Earl

More base and door casings ...

And I went to the Disturbed concert Friday night.

This weekend was all about cement!

On Friday I mixed and laid the shower pan for the basement bath. I couldn't get masons sand for the mix so I just used some general pupose sand but had to sift it through a home made sieve. Guess how many people you have to ask at Home Depot before you find one that knows what "hardware cloth" is.

On Saturday I bought all of the Railing parts for the basement stairs so I could start laying that out. I decided I didn't want install the railing until the flooring was in, so we laid tile in the basement hall. About 150 sq ft. using 20" tiles. This continued on to Sunday.

I used the last batch of left over thinset I mixed to tape and mud the backer board joints in the basement shower. That's almost done! this week we should get the grouting done, and then I can do the railing.

I was sick again this weekend, this time with the flu. Still out today, but trying to go back to work tomorrow. I was sick on my birthday two weeks ago then now the flu...I can't win this year. Guess it's time I realized I'm almost 50 and will be needing a flu shot every year from now on.

I install the Exaktor table-saw guard & dust collection system that I had on my old contractors-saw. I am still not jumping up & down with joy over it & didn't before either. I would like to make a new all lexon hood for it & make it much narrower. From what I've seen it is possible to use 1/2" lexon for the top & 1/8" or maybe 3/16" which ever thickness is available for the sides & drill & screw them
    together. One of the things I did is install light inside the hood this makes it much easier to see. Does anyone have knowledge about this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 02-06-2006 at 11:53 AM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Worked on another box on Saturday.
    Fixed Saturday's mistakes on Sunday!

Emptyed a very full garbage can of saw dust - weighted a ton!
    Think I'll try to make twice many trips with a half full can in the future.

Dave Fried

I spent much of the day on Sunday rush weaving the seat in an antique ladderback chair. One down, five to go. My hands feel like I've been playing tug-of-war all day. I'll have to admit, it looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I'll post some pics after I finish, if I finish.
    Keel McDonald ><>

Friday and Saturday I went to the KC WWing show. The show itself was the worst I have been to, but I understand there were some management issues with KC that have since been resolved that negatively impacted this years show. The space was smaller, the number of exhibitors was much lower and the deals where poor. I managed to still spend some dough on Norton water stones and camilia oil from Lie Nielsen and watched a ton of planing. Lee Valley was there this year, so I got to check out the planes... I still like the LN better for fit and finish.

Breakfest with a number of folks in the KC and surrounding areas Saturday morning.

Sunday I built a knights shield for my son so he can play knights. Then got prepared for the big game, caught some college Bball on the telly and rested my legs from two days of standing on concrete.
    Scott C. in KC
    Befco Designs

Did some staining on the display panels I'm building. Watched a so-so football game they called the Superbowl. Not much to watch, Pats weren't in it).

Lou
    Procrastination.......

Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow

Minimal woodworking this weekend...did another application of dye on a turning on Saturday and put some shellac on it late yesterday afternoon. I also started clearing the area above my shop where I plan on moving my turning blank storage, etc. A few hours this weekend were spent preparing some information for the architects we are meeting with soon relative to a home addition. Other than that...nothing exciting. I didn't watch "that game" either...'just wasn't in the cards this year with kids around who so far don't know that the wide-screen HD TV can receive TV... We aim to keep it that way for awhile, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I assembled base cabinets that I have going for a customer's kitchen on Sat and Sun. I got all of them done except for the wall oven and the one around the refrigerator. I also sanded the face frames on the cabinets as I went to I won't have to go back and do that. I was on the last cabinet and discovered that I had made 3 drawers exactly 1 inch too wide. I just hate it when something like that happens. Oh well, just more practice with the PC dovetail jig. I guess I'll find a use for the extra drawers somewhere in something else.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

Only woodworking related event was to have a great phone conversation with Ken Fitzgerald about his new addiction. Saturday was day seven of a twelve day stint in bachelor mode and the novelty has thoroughly worn off. The cat hates me (actually nothing new there!) and I never realized how totally dependant on attention the dogs are - out! - in! - food! - in! - romp! - out! - food! - food! - snack! - out! - you get the idea. Have gotten marginally proficient with the microwave and pretty good with the toaster oven. Next learning curve challenge is the washing machine. Guess I never realized how totally dependant I am too! Hurry up Thursday!
    Only the Blue Roads