Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schroeder Valve

Schroeder Valve

I just got an air tank with a Schroeder valve. I have no experience with them. How do they work? Thanks for your help.

Correct spelling makes it easier to find stuff. The best ones are made for HVAC, but work the same. They're easy to replace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evu6CX6g30I

Blog Entries
    They are what's on car tires. Fill your tank just like a car tire. Most of these tanks are rated for 120 PSI. They are very handy. A locking air chuck is helpful for filling portable air tanks.
    Best Regards, Maurice

I made a double male quick connector and fill the tank with that. Much faster and never falls off. I have a ball valve in the connector stream.
    BilL D.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    I made a double male quick connector and fill the tank with that. Much faster and never falls off. I have a ball valve in the connector stream.
    BilL D.
    This is the way to go if you are going to use your air bulb much. One of my double males has a check valve. One of my first jobs on cabinet installs was nailing on the toe kick covers. It did not take long for me to realize that the air nailer needed to come along on cabinet installs.

Photo on 2-17-24 at 6.12 AM.jpg
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 02-17-2024 at 7:20 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Told you I was a knob about these things. I really meant the air shut off valve. I assume you turn in out to fill the tank and turn it in to shut off the air flow?

Blog Entries
    Mine is "in" to fill the tank and "out" to use the the saved air via the hose.
    Photo on 2-17-24 at 7.35 AM.jpg
    Photo on 2-17-24 at 7.43 AM.jpg a locking air chuck helps with filling. You will hear air rush in when the Schrader stem is in the "fill" position
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 02-17-2024 at 8:50 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Mine is just like a regular valve, open it up (CCW so it is out) to either fill or use the air in the tank.
    I put on a female quick connect that matches the rest of my air stuff so I can just plug any old air hose in for use or filling. For filling I made a steel tee with a male to plug into the tank, and a male for the filling air hose and a female for convenience. My idea was to also be able to use the tank and tee as a capacitor at the end of a long hose run for high drain use. Did a couple of times but don't know if it was worth the bother.

Everything I have that supplies air has a female quick coupler on it. Anything that hooks to it has a male adapter. I don't understand the double male rigs, although I'm sure it works for intended use. I like the Milton lock on air chucks for Schrader valves. Just posted this picture a few days ago for testing water lines with air.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The shutoff valve on my air tank had always leaked down. I replaced it with this one, and this one will hold air for a year or more. It operates nicely too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Tom M King; 02-17-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    The shutoff valve on my air tank had always leaked down. I replaced it with this one, and this one will hold air for a year or more. It operates nicely too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I think part of the problem is the valve isn't functioning right. It looses air quickly. This may be the answer. I do like having a gauge so I know how much I'm putting in. Thank you. I've seen a lot of modifications on you tube so it appears others have similar issues.

Tom the double male setup bypasses the tire valve choke point. It fills the tank in less then 1/3 of the time if the supply hose and tank is big enough.
    Bill D

Thanks. Good tip!! I’ll make one up.

That cutoff valve I linked to has a port for a gauge. I just reused the old gauge in it.