Thread: Excel Inquiry question

Excel Inquiry question

I have this icon/picture of what looks like a envelope in one of my Excel Worksheet. I didn't create it and it has a link in it. I'd like to know how it could have been put in there and more import, how to get rid of it. Thanks for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Apparently it is a feature for mail merging. Here's how it is done:

"How do I create an envelope in Excel?
    Mail merge with envelopes - Microsoft Support
    Go to File > New > Blank document. Go to Mailings > Envelopes. In the Delivery address box, type a sample address to test how an envelope looks when printed. Type your address in the Return address box."
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee, It's not a actual envelope, this is in a cell in a worksheet that looks like a little envelope but has a Link in it. No idea how it got in there but I'd like to get rid of it. I can highlight it but it won't let me cut it out/delete it.

It has been a long time since I worked with Excel but believe that is an “object” ( forget what real name is). Try right click on it ,look at menu options , should be one to delete. If not, then try opening the Developer menu tab and look there for something to delete it. Macros can be assigned to the “objects” from the developer tab, using one of the first few options at the left side I think.

Finally found out how to get rid of the object in question. This worked but I don't know what happens when you have multiple objects on a page. Thanks for the replies!

*Firstly, go to the Home tab and click on Find & Select.
    *Secondly, select Go To Special from the drop-down menu.
    *Now, select the option Object in the new Go To Special window.
    *Then, press OK.
    *As a result, you will see that the images are selected like this: (which looks like when you right click on a object on your worksheet)
    *Finally, press the Delete button on your keyboard to remove the selected objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stahl View Post
    Finally found out how to get rid of the object in question. This worked but I don't know what happens when you have multiple objects on a page. Thanks for the replies!

*Firstly, go to the Home tab and click on Find & Select.
    *Secondly, select Go To Special from the drop-down menu.
    *Now, select the option Object in the new Go To Special window.
    *Then, press OK.
    *As a result, you will see that the images are selected like this: (which looks like when you right click on a object on your worksheet)
    *Finally, press the Delete button on your keyboard to remove the selected objects.
    I tried it with several objects and it will delete them all. Most objects are easy to get rid of like Ralph noted but these were locked in there somehow.