Thread: JTAS-10-3 Blade Guard assembly/Splitter?

JTAS-10-3 Blade Guard assembly/Splitter?

I'm trying to find a blade guard assembly, but more specifically the riving knife, to an older Jet Table Saw (JTAS-10-3). It's a 5hp, 3-phase, saw with lots of power that I got for cheap a few years back, but would like to find that assembly if possible. It is part number JTAS10-BG (whole assembly) or JTAS10-13 (splitter). The Manual can be found here: https://www.mikestools.com/download/...s/708536PK.pdf

I contacted JET and their response was "That is obsolete and no longer available. You can reach out to Lee Craft and see if they have anything aftermarket."

Any other options? I have a 3D printer and can print something usable out of carbon fiber, but the way it attaches way on the back of the saw would have me worried. Maybe I can fab something up. Has anyone done anything similar?
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 02-27-2024 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Defaulted font size so it's readable on larger monitors and fixed link

Joe, I do not believe that older Jet saw has a riving knife setup and that's more or less verified by the manual posted on Mike's Tools. That's a whole different animal from a splitter. You might try sources like EBAY to see if the part is available, but that machine is from the early to mid 2000s, to the best of my knowledge. There are aftermarket options you could leverage, such as a splitter setup that goes in the table insert and various overarm guard/collection systems.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That assembly looks similar to the General 350 assembly, not saying they are interchangeable just similar. On my General 350, it had a splitter/blade guard assembly similar to what is shown for the Jet but was labelled for a right tilt Unisaw and appeared to be modified to match the General 350. So you might be able to pick up an assembly for another saw and modify it. I wanted a guard with dust collection and one that could stay in place for non thru cuts so I made an overhead blade guard and my own splitter which just attaches to the arbour assembly with one bolt. I think the assembly shown with the bar out the back and the mounting bracket to attach the splitter/guard assembly is only necessary if you are using the splitter mounted guard. With an overhead guard, the single bolt attachment point on the arbour is all you need to support the splitter. I made several splitters for different cut depths from some scrap plate I had laying around from a 1 HP Delta dust collector base using just a jigsaw, grinder and belt sander (to reduce the thickness of the plate). I can post more details if you are interested. My only issue is I can't figure out how to remove the bar that pokes out the back as I don't need it and it sometimes gets in the way.
    Last edited by Doug Garson; 02-27-2024 at 2:08 PM. Reason: fixed spelling