Thread: WTB / WTT: Lie-Nielsen No. 97 large chisel plane

WTB / WTT: Lie-Nielsen No. 97 large chisel plane

I use a 97-1/2 pretty often to flush dowels and other features. Every once in a while I wish I had the larger No. 97 to use on larger features. It's never been a need so I am unwilling to pay what they go for on eBay.

If you have one that you aren't using please let me know. I'd like to buy it, or if you prefer, trade something for it. Plus I have a few original blades for the plane so if you have a blade-less body (a long shot, I know) I'm interested in that too.

Thanks,
    Woody

Did you see this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256436158001

It is not cheap, but not obnoxiously expensive like the other one (they are asking for $795 and will never sell it).

Sorry for the slow response - I was away from the Creek last week.

I missed it but thanks for pointing it out. Still looking...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Inami View Post
    Did you see this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/256436158001

It is not cheap, but not obnoxiously expensive like the other one (they are asking for $795 and will never sell it).

Chisel plane

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Tolbert View Post
    I use a 97-1/2 pretty often to flush dowels and other features. Every once in a while I wish I had the larger No. 97 to use on larger features. It's never been a need so I am unwilling to pay what they go for on eBay.

If you have one that you aren't using please let me know. I'd like to buy it, or if you prefer, trade something for it. Plus I have a few original blades for the plane so if you have a blade-less body (a long shot, I know) I'm interested in that too.

Thanks,
    Woody
    Hi Woody. I do have a LN #97 which I'm not sure I ever even used! I still have the box etc. I'm not real sure what to ask for it. I'd have to do a little research and get back to you but I wanted to reach out and let you know.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Keller View Post
    Hi Woody. I do have a LN #97 which I'm not sure I ever even used! I still have the box etc. I'm not real sure what to ask for it. I'd have to do a little research and get back to you but I wanted to reach out and let you know.
    Barry
    Thanks Barry, I look forward to hearing more about it.

/Woody