Haven't been following this board closely in recent months but enjoyed catching up the last couple days. My perennial lament is that there's not as much posting of people's turnings here as there was years ago, so hoping to prompt some with this. Critiques are welcome, but the main reason for the post is to spur others to put some work up. I really enjoy seeing what other people are up to.

Those that know me know that my happy spot is just displaying pretty wood; my turnings are not technically challenging or involved, whether that's for lack of skill or just what interests me.

Set of nesting bowls -- small to large, bocote, black palm, and morado. The fisheye from the camera lens makes the side profiles look different, but they were pretty well matched. Was a little mad at myself for not realizing in time that the bocote blank was a little thicker than the others.

capture 241.jpgcapture 242.jpg

Walnut cross grain box with black ash burl lid.

capture 244.jpgcapture 245.jpg

Finial for a spiral staircase (4" steel pipe up the center). Old growth Doug fir, construction salvage, 5.25" diameter. There are 175 years of growth across the sphere.

capture 246.jpg

Maple bowl a little better than 12" from some ratty firewood. Voids filled with epoxy mixed with ground coffee, bark inclusions solidified with thin CA.

capture 243.jpg

Cross grain box from QS sycamore.

capture 247.jpg

OK I did my part, now the rest of you post something!

Best,

Dave