Thread: Lie-Nielsen auction alert

Lie-Nielsen auction alert

For you folks with the Lie-Nielsen affliction (beyond my pocketbook) there is an online tool auction in Edinburg Va. next week. 20 or so various LN planes plus some saws and other bits. In addition Stanleys and others, all look to be in good shape are part of the auction.
    Cautionary note, The auction company is more of an estate auction co, than a fine tool auction co. As a result several of the planes that have extra blades or fences etc are being auctioned without those pieces, just the bare plane with one blade. The other bits that go with the planes are grouped together in a couple of bid lots called plane blades or plane accessories.

And next Saturday is the PATINA tool sale and auction in Damascus, MD.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Are there links?

Laughlin Auctioins, Edinburg Va

Thanks for the link Walter. Saw a lot of nice tools. Thankfully I have too many now. Might take years to purge them all. (it's my retirement job).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Brown View Post
    Dang! Thank goodness it’s a long way from me.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I watched a good bit of the auction last night, bid on a few things, was outbid on most but I did pick up a froe!

I must say that when I picked it up this morning all the high end stuff looked awesome! But it was shocking how high some of the clamps went.

I always regret not bidding on more items!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post
    I watched a good bit of the auction last night, bid on a few things, was outbid on most but I did pick up a froe!

I must say that when I picked it up this morning all the high end stuff looked awesome! But it was shocking how high some of the clamps went.

I waas outbid on everything except flannel shirts.

Ditto … the bidding got ridiculous. Not sure I will participate in another auction if they are all like that.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bartley View Post

Jeff — Glad you won something especially so close to you! I thought about sending you a text as I was passing through but had to get back home. The wildfire smoke was crazy on Friday was nuts.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    Jeff — Glad you won something especially so close to you! I thought about sending you a text as I was passing through but had to get back home. The wildfire smoke was crazy on Friday was nuts.
    I was up on the ridge above new market gap a week ago, the photos of the fire up there were crazy! I almost thought I could see the flames through the smoke on Friday morning heading south on 81. Hit me up anytime you pass this way Tom!