Thread: Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Hi, it’s been a slow week for me, many family related tasks so not much woodworking time.

I did varnish the 4 trim panels for the new cupboards and we did pick the paint colour for the walls and purchase the paint.

So, what did you do last week?

IMG_0684.jpgIMG_2626.jpg

I finally got around to the 11.5" wide through mortises and tenons and did a dry fit.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

No shop time this past week; the usual running around like a head with my chicken cut off. I'll be doing some CNC work for a friend this week and am actively planning some coming projects.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

worked a five day week for the first time this year, tired by Friday night. Granddaughters' birthday party was Saturday noon, came back home and babysat the dogs so wife could spend more time with her kids and grandkids. Got down in the shop Sunday, hung 3 more Barilla Led's, cleaned electronic furnace filter, assembled mobile base for Jet edge sander, started on hooking up dust collection for it again, since I moved the sander to a better spot. Now need to figure out which receptacle to run an extension cord to or extend one of the 120vac circuits that activate the dust collector to it. Ran out of energy fast, still good to get back after being out since last fall. Took wife out to Texas Roadhouse.
    Ron

Ron/Mike, looking great!

I “organized my drawers” and posted about it in the CNC sub-forum. Still working on a few more.

Will be starting some floating nightstands and 2 10-foot floating shelves next.

Made a little more progress on rolling laundry table; paused to figure out how to do the final assembly/glue up in a reasonable fashion.

Picked up materials to build two more elevated garden beds. Same design as the ones I did a few years ago, but the legs will be 16" shorter. These will be reserved for tomatoes and making them shorter will minimize the need for a tall ladder come harvest time.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

This definitely doesn't fit into the FWW category, but wood was definitely involved in the making.

With the initial regrading completed and posts fully installed over the past two weeks (hand dug--ugh!), this weekend I managed to finish installing the support stretchers for each section of the fence that will protect my daughter and son-in-law's garden-to-be from their overly active Husky and Shiloh Shephard. As mentioned in another post, I'm currently working on the front gate that I'll install along with two lattice panels for the sides of the main entry pergola. Hopefully that will all be done within the next two weeks, then I'll start on the raised bed boxes (more on those later).

Garden Plan.png
    Last edited by Mike Ontko; 03-11-2024 at 9:59 PM.

Shop cart version three as detailed elsewhere, some finish on fingerjoint box, Prepping a large mahogany slab to be a bench, managing tools and materials from a client dismantling his shop, and fairly epic struggle to restore electric service to rural property that belonged to my grandparents, then mother, then me. A storm a month ago took out the pump house/ electric meter. Tree work, permits, digging, generators, etc. etc..
    Somewhere under this was the pump house:
    IMG_4808.jpg

Spent a day preparing an appeal of property tax bill. Got stuff together to have income taxes done this week by AARP free tax program at local senior center. Looks like we will be getting back less than five bucks this year. Finally got around to starting shelf pin hole jig for fellow Creeker, almost finished. Heater hose connection on van broke, so had to get dolly and drag it home. Now I have to borrow a "Ford" stye release tool for connections, as there is no way to reach connection. Bypassed heater, so I could drive van in mean time. Got rest of parts in to fix leaking dielectric unions on water heater in church kitchen. Finalized plans for communion cup holders for metal chairs in church. They will be held in place by rare earth magnets, as I can't permanently attach them to chairs. Took daughter and her husband to dinner Sunday night for her birthday. Had son and his family over for "Irish Dinner" on Saturday night. Made usual biscuits on Saturday morning, and church on Sunday. After rain, burned another pile of storm debris. Started (in doors) some more veggie seeds. Cut backyard for first time this year. Cleaned up last years self wicking buckets. Harvested the last of 2023's collards. Got in parts to make lean to tent of Campers on Mission cook trailer. Replaced left head light bulb on wife's car. It's a bi..... to do! Right one is easy, but it never fails, only left tone.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 03-12-2024 at 8:42 PM.