Thread: Friday help

Friday help

Production on Fridays increase twofold. Another week topped off with help from the hills from that Arrowmont graduate. Todays subject, arched, raised panel, cabinet door. Todays excitement, Harley ride to lunch. Goods produced, ----
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know Bobby

Your production pics usually show about 100 doors not just 1 - That must have been a long Harley ride with that new helper of yours

Nice door anyway - is it Maple? I really like Maple kitchens.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Door production

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    Your production pics usually show about 100 doors not just 1 - That must have been a long Harley ride with that new helper of yours

Nice door anyway - is it Maple? I really like Maple kitchens.
    Tom you know how it is with new help, you don't want to scare them off with too much work, so, after a little glueup instruction and gathering of material, we took a breakfast break at the local breadfast nook, then he had to attend a local government meeting. I ran an errand for LOML and we met up back at the shop just in time to take the glueups out of the clamps before lunch and trying to finish another glueup made us late for lunch and by the time we returned there was only time to sand the door. Converting from round work to flat work is hard on a woodworker and must be taken in small steps. Zack and I had a good day of flatwork shop machine and millwork familiarization and even made a southern maple cabinet door to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Hatfield
    Todays excitement, Harley ride to lunch.
    Just be really careful. Last Saturday evening, a young man lost his life in front of our house when he and his bike parted ways. It wasn't pretty...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sorry you had to see that Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Just be really careful. Last Saturday evening, a young man lost his life in front of our house when he and his bike parted ways. It wasn't pretty...
    Speaking from personal experience . . .
    Motorcycles are a lot of fun - but they really hurt when you fall off & in my case it still hurts 15+ years later.

Be careful Zack, Bobby & everyone else that rides - have fun but be safe.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Bobby,
    Is he going to teach you how to fix teeth before you wear his butt out?
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Bobby Hatfield is an amazing character. If any of you guys get down this way, you need to visit. Thanks again, Bobby, for taking me on as a helper and for thinkin' up interesting projects to tackle.

We used a custom set of jigs to make the arched panel, 2 table saws, 3 shapers, a router table, jointer, big planer and a 6 foot stroke sander. I hope I didn't leave anything out. Bobby has some nice toys.

The Harley Ride: Bobby has got to be the ugliest thing I have ever had on there. And all he did was complain. He's safe now. Been there, done that & don't need to do it again.

See you next Friday... Boss
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 07-27-2003 at 3:16 PM.
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond