Thread: Homeowners insurance rates

Homeowners insurance rates

We have our home, cars and a rider with Erie. Last year there was no claim on our homeowners, never had one. Had one claim on one auto policy since we've been with them.

$1000 deductible on homeowners and rate went up year over year 2023 to 2024 by 38%.

Curious what others are seeing?

Thanks.

Brian
    Brian

Mine have gone up 300% since 2016. The agent said that's just the way it is and couldn't do a thing about it. I threatened to leave them and they lowered my rates for one billing cycle (a year). I'm changing carriers in May.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Cost of replacement has skyrocketed, just like everything else. We just had a meeting with our insurance agent about our homeowners policy, and while the overall cost went up, we went with higher deductibles to mitigate that somewhat. We can afford much higher deductibles than we could almost 17 years ago when we first acquired the house.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Our rates here in FL jumped up to an unbelievable high. Our agent found an obscure provider and the rate is now only 1.5 times what was available for the big companies.

--

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...