Thread: Milwaukee Multi Tool- Blades?

Milwaukee Multi Tool- Blades?

I purchase this tool while back and it’s fantastic tool. Now it’s time for me to buy some blades, which are not cheap. But since it’s tool that I won’t use that much, I would like to buy the best blades that will last. Searching under Milwaukee and looking at bi-metal I see can buy 3 for about 35.00 or can buy set of 5 different blades in Milwaukee plastic case for 60.00 Are there better blades out there that fit this Milwaukee multi tool or only Milwaukee brand? Maybe Milwaukee blades are best? Looking for advice on blades and maybe sources

I use Imperial.

And - Chicago Electric from Harbor Freight for the real grunt work.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I buy imperial blades when I want a good quality blade. I also buy the big packs of cheapies from the big A for rougher work. They are pretty much one use blades but work fine for softwoods and sheetrock. The coarser blades work best for wood as they cut faster, clear the sawdust better, and stay cooler. I use the titanium or carbide blades with finer teeth for cutting nails or more abrasive materials.

The key to long life is to keep the blade cool by using coarser teeth when you can, avoiding forcing the tool (if it bogs down you are pressing too hard), and keeping the sawdust cleared from the cut as much as possible. I also use slower speeds to minimize blade heating, (at least until my impatience takes over ). And just like with other saw blades, keeping them free of pitch reduces heat buildup and extends life as well.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Having owned a Fein Multi-tool for a long time now I refer to it a “the tool I can’t afford to use,” due to the blade cost. When you need it though it is excellent. I buy Imperial and assorted HF blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Frederick View Post
    Having owned a Fein Multi-tool for a long time now I refer to it a “the tool I can’t afford to use,” due to the blade cost. When you need it though it is excellent. I buy Imperial and assorted HF blades.
    Jack, I’m thinking the same thing. They should start promotion “ Buy blade, get tool free”
    But I like all ideas here, have cheap throw aways and couple good blades on hand.

I recently purchased the Makita cordless oscillating tool. Whoever makes them, they are usually all good. It seems the original corded Fein multimaster seems to be the smoothest (based on comments, but who can tell). My Makita is very smooth and works great (I'm sure Milwaukee is awsome). I have used this for a lot of different purposes where a normal saw just isn't practical. Even cutting out grout between tile and shower basin (the builder decided to put grout in here instead of silicon seal).

For general purpose, I don't think the blade quality is that critical. I got this kit of blades:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0761HRF2Z

If you're doing drywall, the rounded blade works best. Of course, if you're cutting metal, it's best to get a titanium tip blade set:
    https://www.amazon.com/AMZBSAW-Oscil...dp/B0C2JZH9BB/

Like Paul stated, avoid putting too much pressure onto the tool while cutting. The oscillating tool works by micro-movements of the saw blade. If you put too much pressure into the cut, it's going to lock up the movement of the blade and the tool - then you're doing nothing.

Though, if you're serious about cutting metal, the oscillating tool is going to take a while to cut anything thick. I would get a reciprocating saw with metal blades or even a grinder using very thin metal cut-off wheels such as this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C5Q56N6F/?th=1
    Last edited by Aaron Inami; 03-17-2024 at 2:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    I've been using Bosch blades on my Bosch multi-tool. They seem to last longer than the cheaper brands. Their carbide tipped blades hold up really well.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I buy the Bosch blades for use on my Milwaukee. I haven't found any other blades to last as long as theirs. They're also used on my corder Fein tool and a cordless makita.

Bosch has an adapter for their blades your tool can't use them directly.

Clint

Blog Entries
    I have gotten such better results from the Bosch blades that I don't even look at others anymore. When something works I tend to stick with it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Sounds like Bosch is best, but where does person find that adapter Amazon?

I have heard of using segments of horizontal milling cutters or slitting saws, carbide toothed. Have to weld them to an old blade to attach to the machine. Do they make e wood circular blade small enough to adapt?
    BilL D

Quote Originally Posted by Carroll Courtney View Post
    Sounds like Bosch is best, but where does person find that adapter Amazon?
    I originally got mine from Acme Tools, part no. OIS001. I still have that one, unopened in its original packing, Bosch OIS001.jpgbecause none of my oscillating multi-tools need it to use the Bosch Starlock blades.

If you have the Milwaukee oscillating tool, you don't need the adapter for the Bosch Starlock blades. The adapter would only be needed for tools that can't use the Starlock blades directly, such as the ones listed on the package.

Clint
    Last edited by Clint Baxter; 03-17-2024 at 11:20 PM.