Thread: Delta rockwell Jointer

Delta rockwell Jointer

Came across this 40s 50s Delta jointer. He wanters $400.00 firm on price. Looks like it is in great condition. Thoughts?431171401_7208739359235769_752622932356345015_n.jpeg

Blog Entries
    It is certainly worth $400. Particularly if the location is handy and you are handy with motors & stands or cabinets. Online auctions for similar machines with the stand, motor and light rust sell in the $400 range, sometimes less.

Delta 6" Power Jointer #7044 #1 | eBay

https://www.purplewave.com/search/Jo...ype=compressed
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 03-20-2024 at 11:01 AM. Reason: https://www.purplewave.com/search/Jointer?searchType=all&dateType=past&dateRanges=2024%2C2023%2C2022%2C2021%2C2020&zipcodeRan
    Best Regards, Maurice

For me unless you want a vintage machine it would be a no. No stand, no motor? It looks to be in excellent shape. But you will have a pile of chips to clean up after each use with no dust collection. I gave $750 for my Delta DJ-20 8". I ended up giving my Jet 6" with helical head away because I couldn't even get a nibble. However it was to someone who I knew greatly appreciated it and would use it so it was worth it.

Location? affects price.
    I think that has an end mounted fence. It has to be resquared every time you move the fence. Not sure if that is 4 or 6".
    Bill D

It's your decision to make. It would not be something I want in my shop, too small. Sure is pretty though.

Overpriced. I bought one for $250 with the coveted cast iron stand. Later, having done some tuning but not a full restoration, sold it for $360.

If it was on original stand & motor/switch, maybe.

The fence does not have to be re-squared after moving.

I used one like that for my first couple of years. With no stand and no motor, I'd pass.

It sure is pretty. And I know location is important. But that price is pretty ridiculous to me. Then again, I'm not a collector and have no idea of what goes on in the tool collecting world.

What I do know is you can get old 6" jointers here, all day, every day, for between $50-200 with a motor, and often a stand. They might not be in as good of cosmetic condition. But they're in working order. For $400, you can often find ones that look almost brand new.

Thanks for the response. It does come with the motor but will pass on it. Certainly don’t care about the tool collecting world either. I just want a good functional jointer and that one was in the next town over