Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Older Rockwell RC-33 model 22-650 outfeed roller jammed NEED HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Iskenderian View Post
    What should I take pictures of? And when it says 06B-2-27, what does the 2 mean?
    If that number is on the sprocket, it would mean it's a double sprocket with 27 teeth.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Bill, that first one you sent from Motion, looks really good. The plate with the model number says Rockwell-Invicta 22-650. I think I read that it was Brazillian made for Rockwell. 1984. I just read this on another thread about this planer.

"It has been a good machine, but I had a bushing cease and it twisted off at the sprocket. So I am in search of an outfield roller, and not having any luck anywhere."

Sounds familiar.

Still trying to figure out how to attach a couple photos, showing the sprocket and damage to the spring.
    Last edited by Sue Iskenderian; 03-23-2024 at 9:32 PM.

20240321_190631.jpg20240320_202006.jpg

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong. So now I can. YEAH! Here is the sprocket and spring.
    Last edited by Sue Iskenderian; 03-24-2024 at 6:40 PM.

I'd take the sprocket, spring, and chain to Motion Ind. They will measure for you and match what you have. They can help with the bushing/bearing for the roller shaft too.

Is the bearing a brass colored unit or is it an actual roller bearing? If it's a oillite bushing they should be able to match i for you. I'd replace both while you have it apart. If the shaft is galled you could dress it up and use it again. Won't be as good as new but it an save you some money and get you back up and running.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

20240321_190631.jpg20240320_202006.jpgFAEAE80A-001001.jpg

Finally got it. YEAH!! Here is the sprocket and spring......and me.

The bushings on either end of the out feed roller are like blocks of metal with a hole bored out for the roller shaft and a recess that holds the spring. I can get photos of that too.
    Last edited by Sue Iskenderian; 03-24-2024 at 9:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Iskenderian View Post
    20240321_190631.jpg20240320_202006.jpgFAEAE80A-001001.jpg

Finally got it. YEAH!! Here is the sprocket and spring......and me.

The bushings on either end of the out feed roller are like blocks of metal with a hole bored out for the roller shaft and a recess that holds the spring. I can get photos of that too.
    How about pictures of the ends of the roller shaft that go into the bearings? We could give better advice on their condition if we can see them.

I will open it back up and get a picture of all that stuff. But first I have to run an errand. Here it is without the chain and roller sprockets. More to come.20240324_145615.jpg

20240324_165700.jpg20240324_165405.jpg

After struggling for a long time with a LOT of back and forth and PB Blaster and more turning, and more back and fourth, and then lots of pounding to get it off the shaft. (PHEW), I smoothed off the galled part on the shaft a tiny bit, until it spun freely. I did nothing to the block /bushing. The other side looked ok. So I put it back together and have been obsessing on the sprocket issue ever since.

I don't see where an oillite bushing would fit in there and I don't see anyway to lubricate that shaft. I'm guessing the shaft galling and snapping off could be a common problem on that machine.

If there's an oillite bushing in there that I'm not seeing it should be replaced.

This being the drive end of the shaft it would naturally have more radial stress which would cause failure before the other end.

I do not see any bushing? The shaft looks good I see galling inside the bore. Any metal shop could bore it slightly larger and insert a thin bushing. My planer I had to rebush the bedfeed rollers bearing. Thanks for reminding me to oil around next time before I use the planer.
    BilL D

That is the bushing, that block thing. It does have a oil hole right in the center of the indentation for the spring that holds the roller down. It all together slides up into the machine (without the spring). Then there's a hole through the casting where the spring sets down into the recess in the block/bushing. Then a cap that screws in above the spring and pushes against the spring, and that cap has an oil hole in it. And that's how the spring tension is adjusted, raising or lowering the screw. (sorry not used to explaining) Want a better photo or does that make sense?

I bet my parks planer drips oil on all the bearings on the gearbox side of the planer. The chain runs in an oilbath. Not sure if the chain goes below the oil level or not but at least one gear does and it brings up and it flows down everywhere.
    Bill D

20240324_185854.jpg

Check out around part numbered #166

Blog Entries
    That's interesting. Well for a few hundred you could have a machinist bore it out and add a bushing.
    Yes, I have 3 phase!

Blog Entries
    For Ag. equipment we use weld on sprockets and reuse the hub if possible.

https://paulbhardware.com/power-tran...sprockets-hubs
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 03-25-2024 at 11:08 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice