Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Older Rockwell RC-33 model 22-650 outfeed roller jammed NEED HELP

I was expecting a seperate bronze bushing in that rectangular bearing block(180). I suppose it is cast iron which is a decent low speed bearing material. It can still be bored next standard size larger and a bronze sleeve bearing inserted. To much metal need to be remove fora reaming to be a practical option. I am not sure if the spring bend is an issue or not.
    Again we need to know if this is metric or English. If made in Brazil or Asia I assume metric
    Bill D.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/35499549271...3ABFBM8Jja5s5j
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-25-2024 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Iskenderian View Post
    That is the bushing, that block thing. It does have a oil hole right in the center of the indentation for the spring that holds the roller down. It all together slides up into the machine (without the spring). Then there's a hole through the casting where the spring sets down into the recess in the block/bushing. Then a cap that screws in above the spring and pushes against the spring, and that cap has an oil hole in it. And that's how the spring tension is adjusted, raising or lowering the screw. (sorry not used to explaining) Want a better photo or does that make sense?
    Your explanation works. I'll have to say that I understand, but it doesn't make sense. I don't know why they would build it in such a way that it's nearly impossible to get any lubrication into that block. Is it possible that a tube could be inserted into the lube hole in the block that would stick out the top and you could add oil that way?

Otherwise I don't think you have any other option than to reassemble as is with some grease in the blocks and flood it with oil periodically.

I still think Motion would be your best bet for a sprocket and chain.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Definitely metric. I know someone that says he can make one of these for me. We shall see.

I would either make it from a block of brass/bronze or use iron and a bronze sleeve.
    BILL D.

To all that contributed to my sprocket questions. Thank you, all of you. And you won't believe what happened. I heard back from someone I contacted two weeks ago. He had told me that his computer was showing he had one sprocket left in his warehouse, but did not know for sure if it was really there. I never heard back from him so I figured he did not have it. Then this week I heard from him, that he had found a box of 10 of them. He is now selling them on Ebay. Go figure, funny how things work out. Today, got the part, and bought new chain from McMaster-Carr and I put it back together. I learned so much about my planer from this discussion, and so glad I found Sawmillcreek Forum. Very helpful!!

Blog Entries
    HooRay! an adventure with a good outcome. I am impressed.
    Best Regards, Maurice