Thread: Are your tools dangerous?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally most of the people in the trade had equipment that was unaffordable to consumers, likely little cheap consumer equipment way back like now. The people in the trade got training and had a chance to hang on to digits. The people who bought from big box when that arrived had not teaching. Someone taught me how not to get whacked so it was up to me if I listened to what I was originally taught over the years.

Big box and other dont teach you. I bet more of you have been whacked and are missing digits proportionally than people that had teaching. You have limited time compared on the machines, no deadlines and no pressure, no material suppliers letting you down and all that goes with being self employed in a hard way to make a living. Non of the pressures but more of you have lost fingers proportionally. I dont know for sure no statistics. But logic says its so. Enough content creators have not made it any better as some amount dont know they dont know. Even some of them id think would. There are many bad examples out there and id be one of them but at least I know when im doing something wrong. Enough of them dont.

Tom thanks but I dont need all that stuff but will look at what it is later. The riving knife post I just looked at it as a ton of work to make that riving knife go up and down and thought great machining but why you just need a riving knife it does not have to have a linear guide, not to raise it up and down.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 03-27-2024 at 12:23 PM.