Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
If a tool isn't inherently dangerous to operate, no training is required to use one without injury. I don't go off saying that scuba diving isn't dangerous because I'm trained to do so. Because I'm trained to do so I KNOW it's dangerous. I wear safety equipment when downhill mountain biking, or when climbing, etc. Why? Because they're inherently dangerous activities.

I don't understand the whole point of trying to whitewash an activity as 'completely safe'. Unless you're not using the equipment. Then sure, it's "safe".
Exactly, Mike. I don't quite understand the 'inanimate' argument either. I mean yea a bike or table saw isn't dangerous until you use it, but "dangerous", to me, means what can happen to me when using it...I mean what else is there? I never thought about my DH rig being dangerous sitting in the garage, but I'm not all geared up for nothing because I don't think the act of using it isn't LOL. That categorized mindset will get you hurt, even if you're an "expert". Which, by the way, I raced super-D and cyclocross for 10 years as Cat II/III and this "expert" ate plenty of dirt.