Hello all,

I am looking for some input from anyone who has had a bigger planer. I just sold my 13" Dewalt and want to upgrade and I have been looking at a few different planers. 1 is the 20" Grizzly which I am sure could do the job and is probably an OK planer but I am a little disappointed on some of the reviews I have seen. 2nd is the Powermatic 20" that I am quite sure is more than a good machine. 3rd is the new Laguna LX/20 that appears to be very nice but I am not sure about the reputation of Laguna and their longevity?
I am looking at the 20" 5hp for power and I like the fact of using multiple sides of the bed to reduce a ton of wear on the bits in just 1 location BUT with that said I am wondering if I could get by with a 5hp 15" planer that has plenty of power and is $1K less. Does anyone have a 20" and feel it's just to big or is it just right?
I just purchased almost 15K board foot of Oak and my intentions are to plane 4-15" board for the most part (more in the 7") but I could "possibly" see 20" but I do have an open-ended 52" drum sander as well. Just looking for some input that might sway me to do or not to do Hope this makes sense.