Thread: info to find Owner's Manual for AMT 4650 12" planer

info to find Owner's Manual for AMT 4650 12" planer

Drove 3 hrs today for a "running" AMT 4650 planer. Guy wanted 200, it ran like a screeching gerbil wheel pumped thru a rock n roll PA system. I gave him 100 and just blew 20 years of squirrel nest out of it. Need to do a total break down, clean, oil, prob bearings blades and back together- I can stumble thru it but I'd sure like to find a manual if anyone has a line on one

cheers Caleb
    New Orleans

Blog Entries
    A user manual seems to be available for $9.99 from https://www.all-usermanuals.com/checkout

Screen Shot 2024-03-27 at 7.42.52 PM.png
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    Maurice, appreciate it, I went there but it looks sketchy, no photo of the manual, no sample page to confirm they have it straight up. Have you ever used this source to get a manual? I'd pay the $10 - if this is a valid place but it clicks a lot of warning signs

I assume this planer was made and sold under different names by someone else. look for those manuals.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Crosby View Post
    Maurice, appreciate it, I went there but it looks sketchy, no photo of the manual, no sample page to confirm they have it straight up. Have you ever used this source to get a manual? I'd pay the $10 - if this is a valid place but it clicks a lot of warning signs
    I will double check that I have the right site. I get Emails from them because I bought a small engine manual several years ago. What they sent is a rather poor photocopy but it provided everything I needed it for.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Maurice, thank you - thats really what I wanted to know, it looks like a crappy website but they come thru with whats needed - great info - very much appreciate your help and tip.

Bill - yes people call it a Delta clone - so I had your same thought but the delta is similar but entirely different. Also an old Grizz was mentioned but I really want a drawing or two of the thing at hand, as close as I can get. given an opportunity I can screw up the simplest stuff, the more I'm not fenced in - the more I go awandering ;-)

Blog Entries
    I looked around OWWM and came up with nothing about this machine. There are several old discussions about AMT here at SMC.
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....588#post317588
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    I looked around OWWM and came up with nothing about this machine. There are several old discussions about AMT here at SMC.
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....588#post317588
    Thanks for that, I had found that and a couple others before I bought - people spoke well of the machines so I thought might be good for 150. This one is not, I am going to overhaul it and then sell to get my 100 back! I just bought a Dewalt 735 that will be here Weds to join my new jointer and table saw (new to me) the dewalt will be almost the only new machine Ive ever bought. and I run a small shop with mill and lathe !