Thread: How To Post Photo In New Thread?

How To Post Photo In New Thread?

Help an old illiterate!

In the new thread you're creating click on "manage attachments" and the file uploader box pops up. Click on "add files" then "choose file". Navigate to where the file is on your computer and click "open" then click "upload" The picture will show up with an empty square box below which you click on to get a check mark in it and select "insert inline".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    In the new thread you're creating click on "manage attachments" and the file uploader box pops up. Click on "add files" then "choose file". Navigate to where the file is on your computer and click "open" then click "upload" The picture will show up with an empty square box below which you click on to get a check mark in it and select "insert inline".
    You can also use the small picture frame icon on the compose page.
    Screenshot 2024-04-01 071509.jpg
    Click on the picture frame, then click on the BROWSE button to locate the file on your computer. Select the file then click on upload. In a few seconds some text looking like: Screenshot 2024-04-01 071912.jpg will appear in your post. You can upload one photo at a time using this method. It will appear in your text exactly where you see the brackets.

Down near the bottom of the compose page you can click on GO ADVANCED where you can preview your post to see how your photos are oriented before actually posting them.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Down near the bottom of the compose page you can click on GO ADVANCED where you can preview your post to see how your photos are oriented before actually posting them.
    And, if as it happens on most of my posting, is there a way to turn the photos right side up? I have tried all the tricks that various posters have suggested and none of them work reliably. That is using landscape or portrait, rotating the photos and saving them and other tricks I've since forgotten about when they didn't work. It is so screwed up that it discourages some of us from posting. I use an iPhone but that shouldn't matter but apparently does.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-01-2024 at 3:50 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Paul, there's a whole thread about photo orientation stickied at the top of this forum discussion area...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...