Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Graco Ultra Quickshot vs Fuji Q5 Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    "Such a deal!!!" Do remember you're going to need different spray tips for the thinner stuff. Jason talked about that.
    Yea definitely. It comes with a 514 (which I'll probably never use unless painting an entire room) and a 210. The 210 seems like a good fit, but I also ordered a 308. I'm going to see which one looks better with the Centurion 400 series I have to spray this weekend. Jason says he uses the 308.

Thanks for the clarification, Andrew. That's one reason I've never considered an airless. The Graco makes that much less of an issue; it's still more than a conversion gun but probably not a deal breaker. The price, however, is pretty steep. On the other hand, I'd probably choose the Graco over a turbine unit. The Fuji Q5 is around $1600, about the same as the Graco.

John

Blog Entries
    I like my turbine. I can take it outside my shop.

I think for the ultimate spray job, it is probably best to have a big compressor, dry lines, etc... but that is not cheap either and it isn't portable.

I have the Apollo 5 stage (the simpler / cheaper model. They also have a more expensive 5 stage compressor like the Q5).
    Yes, I have 3 phase!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    It'll be interesting to hear your results. I'm a little curious about them, but their price point is way off IMO.

The idea of using less paint in an airless setup is, of course, very desirable.
    I sprayed a few tests today and I have to say I'm so happy I bought it. I can setup in about 5 minutes and cleaning is about the same. It sprayed perfectly with no adjustments out of the gate. It sprays much faster than my LVLP setup and went on smooth. I have to spray about 55 cabinet doors this weekend and I'm betting this will save me several hours in spray time. Overspray was minimal and as far as I can tell not very different than the LVLP.