Thread: Creeker’s past week’s accomplishments

Creeker’s past week’s accomplishments

Hello everyone, last week was a dismal week for woodworking, all I did was clean up the shop.

Well, I also managed to purchase 300 board feet of 4/4 ash and red oak for 92 cents per bf Canadian, which is what 13.6 cents US😉

I found this new razor from Lee Valley intriguing, I just might “need” one.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/afd/...12VLM2,1HPNA,1

So, what did you in the shop last week?

Regards, Rod

That's a nice haul on the lumber, Rod...even if it's #2 and requires culling out a bunch of defects, it's a "steal"!

This past week I did get time in the shop cutting some things for a friend on the CNC. There's a thread about that in the CNC area referring to using hot glue for material holding, but inside the thread is a video of cutting one of the pieces, made at the request of my friend so he could share the process with folks. He does resin inlay work on charcuterie boards, etc. Here's a photo of all the completed work.

IMG_6680.jpg

I have the next project "teed up" as I had my younger daughter's SO help me move a piece of sheet goods onto the CNC yesterday after our weekly "whole family dinner" (meatball grinders this week) as I cannot lift a full sheet at the present time due to my wrist surgery last November. This will be a shop project for some specialized storage. More on that once it happens. Also did some planning for a few home improvement tasks that are coming, including changing the back patio from the crappy pavers to concrete, refreshing the powder room and getting rid of the improperly installed ceramic tile throughout the foyer and powder room in favor of the same Mohawk engineered wood flooring I put in the laundry room.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

A sad week for me as I’m in the process of downsizing the shop of things I don’t use enough. The MM left the building Saturday afternoon, and the 1 ton lathe will be gone next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 04-01-2024 at 1:12 PM.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I did a bunch of work on a settle that no one will ever see. Then, because I clearly needed the exercise, I sunk my plane stop and then flattened my primary bench.

~mike

happy in my mud hut

Not woodworking, but finished turning a bathroom with a fiberglass shower with barely enough room to turn around in into a larger tile shower that uses the whole end of that bathroom in a 1974 lake rental house. First renters for the season are in there this week, so I'll be interested to see if there are any comments about the 16" square rain showerhead. Covered the stained popcorn ceiling with beaded board and crown molding too.

I still have one grab rail to put up, but ran out of time and diamond hole saw bits before the first renters came.

New shower floor takes the whole end of that bathroom and is flush with the old floor with no threshold or curb.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tom, I really like that shower result! I'm actually jealous. We had a "room sized" shower at the old property in the master suite...I designed it that way. Here at our downsize, there's a "yuge" tub that will NEVER get used and a "phone booth" shower. The economics are not there to redo it, unfortunately. I'm sure your guests will really enjoy that shower and what's not to like about a big rainshower head!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I agree, the shower looks great!

We have a zero threshold shower in this house. I didn't think I'd appreciate it as much as I do. Our beautiful looking clawfoot tub.. never gets used
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

The tile is just cheap tile from Lowes, but it seems to be not bad at all in quality. I have around a grand in it total. One of the biggest cost items was the plastic crown molding for that room. I'm just covering up the stained sheetrock ceilings in that house.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    The tile is just cheap tile from Lowes, but it seems to be not bad at all in quality. I have around a grand in it total. One of the biggest cost items was the plastic crown molding for that room. I'm just covering up the stained sheetrock ceilings in that house.
    Nice work Tom. I'm in the process of getting bathroom/shower remodel quotes right now. Can you come to Albuquerque?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    A sad week for me as I’m in the process of downsizing the shop of things I don’t use enough. The MM left the building Saturday afternoon, and the 1 ton lathe will be gone next week.
    That's a very nice lathe. I hope it's going to an equally nice new home.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Cleaned the shop a bit, made parts for mason and leaf-cutter bee houses.