Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Power washers ratings of PSI and GPM

I checked my HF washer. Label says 13 amps, 1450 working psi, and 1.3 gpm.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    But the difference in power is not because one is "electric" and one is "gas". It's because electrics are typically 2HP, and gas ones are typically 5HP, but there's nothing to say you can't have a 7HP electric or a 2HP gas. Power is power.

I don't understand why gas has "portability". You're still tied to a water source.
    Because the only easily available electric is 15a 120v. Any more power than that is only available in very few places.

Blog Entries
    I would up getting a Westinghouse electric, 2500PSI & 1.76 GPM. I used it once and it works well. I paid $159 for it at Amazon last week, today it's listed at $186.
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Greg R Bradley View Post
    Because the only easily available electric is 15a 120v. Any more power than that is only available in very few places.
    Most all outlets today and for the past 30-40 years are 20 amp #12 wire, 15 amp is usually for lighting. Usually not always. My pressure washer runs fine off a 20 amp one.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

It's nice to keep the little electric one ready to go. Every time I finish cutting grass it only takes a minute to blast the mower off before putting it back in the house.

I have the gas one where it's not too bad to use. I keep it on a platform in a shed. The platform is the same height as the tailgate on my truck. I back the truck up to that platform, roll the big pressure washer in the back of the truck, and use it where I want to running in the back of the truck. It's a lot easier to just take some hose off the rack and push a button on the electric one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have had a SunJoe electric for several years and have not had any jobs it wouldn't handle. I use it mostly for the deck and driveway. I have to be careful about which nozzle I use on the deck as it has plenty of power to chew up the wood.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7