Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floating Nightstands

Michael, I will look forward to your post after installation. Process was very interesting. Your walnut is gorgeous.

Blog Entries
    They look great. Love the design and the execution. Well done!
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks Mark and Glenn. I'm hoping to come back in month or two and post the "in place" pictures. I'm now building two 8-foot floating shelves for the bar area!

With the floating nightstands, it sounds like you're starting a fascinating project! Custom furniture made with a CNC can be quite satisfying, but it does require careful preparation. It makes sense to start with a CAD drawing and take the mirrored design into account. Anticipating the culmination of your diligent efforts!

Cabinets are really nice.
    Makes me really think harder about getting a CNC. Due to shop size it would have to be one on the smaller side.

Thanks Mike. OneFinity make some very capable machines in numerous price ranges and sizes. I've personally helped setup and use different configs and I'm overall impressed.

Really there isn't anything you can't do by hand or with a few power tools, but that doesn't mean you're going to enjoy the process. For me, CNC is just a tool and I enjoy working with different types of tools. The end product is rewarding, but for me, the process is what I most enjoy and sometimes CNC is where it's at!