Thread: Eclipse photo

Blog Entries

Eclipse photo

We traveled with my son and his two children to northern Vermont for the eclipse on Monday morning. We had some light strato-cirrus clouds move in, but they did not hamper the viewing. Here is one one of the photos he took during totality.
    -7087342960242165329.jpg
    Note the solar prominences that show up in red around the rim.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

That is an awesome picture...

My wife & I traveled a short distance to see the one that passed near us in 2017... It's really hard to describe how surreal the "full totality" is, and how different it is from even 90+ percent, as we had this go-round.

Cool picture. My wife and sat in the back yard here in Indianapolis and watched. Perfect day for it here, 75 and clear skies. Brian
    Brian

Absolutely a very cool pic
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Great photo Lee!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Good decision to head up to VT for the "show"...clear sky evaded so many areas farther south/west. We were at 90% here but a cloud "attacked" right at the last minute, so the effect was muted. But it was fun watching twilight come and go in the afternoon for a bit and the temps noticeably dropped for the duration of the event. I was in the shop and walked outside every few minutes to see the effects. It was kinda strange...similar to when the wildfire smoke hit last year, but no smell and no "orange" haze. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Great pic Lee, thanks for posting.

We would have had to go a few thousand miles to see it so stayed home.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Great picture!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Nice! I ended up in Cleveland by accident, spur of the moment motorcycle purchase, and didn't even think about it, no camera, no glasses. Very cool bonus. Had a pair of cutting torch glasses in the truck that let me take a quick glimpse or two when it was partial.