Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodpeckers MagQuick Dust Port

Woodpeckers MagQuick Dust Port

I don't have a lot of their stuff, but they do send me a bunch of ads...and in today's selection is their magnetic dust port system.
    I was looking for any feedback - who has one? Any good?

I just received a set. Hopefully will get them hooked-up this week. I will let you know.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

I like the idea and there a few other companies that make them but for once the woodpecker product isnt too expensive. Ive been meaning to 3d print some

There are other magnetic port options available commercially as well as shop made solutions. The idea is sound for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Woodcraft is offering them if you'd prefer black instead of red. I have a set on order.
    Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Was able to get the woodpecker adapters hooked up to a couple machines. I was using the Izzy Swan designed connectors. Which I never seemed to be able to get tightly connected. Plus we’re a bit of a challenge for my old hands to work.

the woodpecker connectors were easy to hookup and are simple to connect and reconnect. The seal is very tight. So so far so good.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

The ones from Woodcraft (MagFitt) look to be a little bit different than those from Woodpeckers (MagQuick), although they share a similar design. The ones from Woodcraft come in 2.5" and 4" variants, while the ones from Woodpeckers look to only be available in 4". All of them appear to be reasonably priced.

I have ones from MagPort, which are a little more expensive and do "suffer" from alignment polarity issues since they don't have those steel rings. However, MagPort offers other sizes; mine are all 5" since I have tools with 120mm ports and run 6" trunks off my dust collector. Plus I'm already bought into that system so if I need more in the future I'll buy MagPort again.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

I also have magports. I couldn't use the woodpeckers or woodcraft ones because, as mentioned, 120mm tools. I don't find the alignment to be a huge issue...

I will say this, after having magnetic port connectors, I'll never go back to anything else.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    I also have magports. I couldn't use the woodpeckers or woodcraft ones because, as mentioned, 120mm tools. I don't find the alignment to be a huge issue...

I will say this, after having magnetic port connectors, I'll never go back to anything else.
    Agreed. I have a couple magports and they're great. Alignment is just a matter of spinning to get the right polarity is all. I had one Izzy Swan (Magswitch now) for one tool, but they were kind of a pain to twist on/off and they need adjustment over time...so it's gone now.

Ditto the MagPorts. Have them and very happy. Really have not had any problems with alignment . . . . or at least none that i noticed . . . yet

I also use Magports, and they work great.

I had the Magports, and took them off. I found the friction-fit connections I had, previously, more convenient.

They should design them with a single magnetic polarity on a given face, and the ability to swap which face is facing "out". Having to turn the connector ~20degrees to get it to connect was often frustrating (and would put a little twist into the hose, making it lay funny).

They're also bulky, so if I wanted to, say, lay the hose on the floor to sweep into it, the bulk of the connector was holding it up off the floor far enough to make that unworkable.

I like gizmos, but didn't like these at all. Anyone need a bunch of 5" magports? :/

sent you a PM

Makin' my own (because I have the time and am still building out the gara-shop".)
    Only 2.5" so far, to use with the shop vac.

The pic showing the adapters is representative...different size adapters can be used.
    Because I've alternated the N-S orientation these can always be mated to any of the other ports just by rotating one +/- 60 deg.
    Magnets are part# D43 from KJ Magnetics.
    (And I copied the shape of the flange from somewhere I saw on the web/YT)

2.5 inch mag ports flange side.jpg2.5 inch mag ports adapter side.jpg2.5 inch mag ports mated.jpg
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 04-16-2024 at 5:21 PM.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Why alternate N & S poles? Why not put all N on the hose end and all S on the machine end?