Thread: 3M VersaFlo M-407 Hard Hat

3M VersaFlo M-407 Hard Hat

***SOLD***

Long F/S post--to provide full background...

The packaged VersaFlo system from 3M that includes hardhat & blower system (3M model TR-300-HIK) sells for $1,600 to $1,800 (or more). Thanks to past posts on another forum, i learned that the system built for healthcare with a fabric hood instead of helmet (model TR-300-ECK), and there is a surplus of those systems unused post-Covid. That system can be bought on the major auction house for around $450, unused. The addition of a safety helmet (model M-307 or M-407) adds a high-end hard hat and premium high-impact visor. Those are similar, but the M-407 has a fire-resistant cowling and belaclava (designed for the welding market), while the M-307 has a vinyl face-seal. When i put mine together, i couldn't find any M-307's for less than the $450 or so retail, so i ended up scoring a M-407 with damaged box for about $300. Have used it only a few times, mostly because i keep the batteries in the house, and the rest of the system is in the garage shop. Very comfortable, though on 85 degree days the cowling holds a little heat!! (the air flow helps mitigate that a lot)

I'm committed to using my system more, and came to the conclusion that if i picked up an M-307 helmet (with no cowling) and used it in place of my Bionic face shield ALL the time--i'd be safer from any detonating blanks and it's easy to throw on the belt and hose for sanding. So...i bought a M-307 hard-hat last week, and am posting the M-407 for sale here. Would be good to use with TR-300-ECK which can still be bought for about $450 shipped on the auction. With the fire resistant cowling, might be ideal for somebody that does metal-work as well--welding gases are probably as bad as sanding dust.

Asking $240 for the M-407 shipped to Continental US. Alaska, Hawaii and territories will be the same if the USPS rates are close to UPS rates on the continent. I have no urgency to sell, if somebody wants to take a little time to self-educate and/or shop for the TR-300-ECK, i'd have no problem reserving this to give them time to organize thoughts--i went through this decision process a few years ago, so i can relate to the agony (and how foreign all the above must sound). Feel free to ask questions--might even be a great topic for a post in the appropriate sub-forum.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-407 B.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	518247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-407 A.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	184.0 KB 
ID:	518246  
    Last edited by Earl McLain; 04-12-2024 at 6:47 AM. Reason: Sold item