Thread: ​​​​​​​Wanna scare the fertilizer out of yourself?

​​​​​​​Wanna scare the fertilizer out of yourself?

Not as bad as some, but STILL.....

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2-es...c0czNkd3h3ag==
    Howard Rosenberg

No regulations or mandate is gonna stop stupid.
    The is just no point in doing this at all.

It's easy to mock someone doing stunt cuts, but this person can look ahead. If you're going to risk amputating fingers, cut them off ahead of time so they won't be in the way.

I bet he's thinking: "The odds of the same thing happening twice are next to nothing, so I'm safe."

Quote Originally Posted by William Hodge View Post
    It's easy to mock someone doing stunt cuts, but this person can look ahead. If you're going to risk amputating fingers, cut them off ahead of time so they won't be in the way.
    He's missing a digit on his left hand. Perhaps that's what you meant. If not, he did it anyway.

John

When I say things like "the tablesaw isn't dangerous, it's the operator"
    This is what I mean

The irony is the left hand injury says enough about the technique, so safe, unsafe, who cares? What is the purpose of making a cut like this? The edge isn't relative to anything, so it won't be square, clean or usable in any measurable way, so besides for show, what is a cut like this for

Ironically their name is "45 carpenter" and 4+5 is 9, which is how many digits he currently appears to have. He may soon have to change his name to 44.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    The irony is the left hand injury says enough about the technique, so safe, unsafe, who cares? What is the purpose of making a cut like this? The edge isn't relative to anything, so it won't be square, clean or usable in any measurable way, so besides for show, what is a cut like this for

Ironically their name is "45 carpenter" and 4+5 is 9, which is how many digits he currently appears to have. He may soon have to change his name to 44.
    Guys like this usually have names like "Lucky" or "Lefty"

What the non-woodworking world is missing is that this cut can be made on a SawStop. Kickback can cause serious injury even if no flesh contacts the blade.

Wait... Is that a homemade table saw?

In real time I have watched people free hand cut on a table saw, several times. Scared me watching and still scares me thinking about it.

It will probably work out...

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Rosenberg View Post
    Yup, you can’t fix stupid.

I do cut things like that, however I use a Fritz and Franz jig on a slider, as well as a riving knife and guard.

Regards, Rod

I thought his name is Stumpy Nubs?
    Bill D

I have a picture of the last inch of a neighbor's thumb which he removed almost exactly that way.