Our turning club is adapting a recently deceased member's shop into a teaching /demo center, using his old equipment both from here and his winter Florida shop. There are two Tempest cyclones mounted outside the shop here with funky ductwork, exhausting to the outside, and another Tempest unit coming up from FL which has a cartridge filter. One of the present cyclones has a 5" intake and the other a 6", the third one I won't know until it shows up. The two existing ones are built under confining roofs and difficult to find any identifying info without excavation. We would like to use the existing units as far as possible to serve a bandsaw, two full size lathes and three midi lathes. The electrical panel is maxed out so we will probably be limited to two dust collectors, perhaps swapping in the Florida one when it arrives.

My problem in planning new ducting is that I don't know the capacities of the dust collectors that we have. Is there a simple and effective way to assess the airflow using an anemometer and or/ manometer at the intake ports? Or do any of you have any info on the old Tempest line? I imagine fan curves for different models are too much to ask for but any info would help. The two units here are red and the third is black, so probably different vintages. I will be investigating the situation more thoroughly in the coming weeks.