Thread: Miter bars

Miter bars

Does anyone know where I could get 1 inch wide miter bars for an old delta/rockwell 12/14 table saw? I will make my own if I have to
    but I was hoping to try and find some that are aluminum or steel or alloy etc..
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Use round pins/rod instead of mitre bars made from the polyethylene or similar material bread boards are made from. You can even offset the fixing hole to set the sled parallel to the blade as needed.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

When I set up the fence I found a 1 2 3 block fit perfect in the slot. I would think about Aluminum or wood for weight reasons. I have the cast iron mire gauge and it weighs a lot!
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 04-13-2024 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Use round pins/rod instead of mitre bars made from the polyethylene or similar material bread boards are made from. You can even offset the fixing hole to set the sled parallel to the blade as needed.
    Thank you, I would not have thought of that.
    "To me, there's nothing freer than a bird, you know, just flying wherever he wants to go. And, I don't know, that's what this country is all about, being free. I think everyone wants to be a free bird." - Ronnie Van Zant

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    When I set up the fence I found a 1 2 3 block fit perfect in the slot. I would think about Aluminum or wood for weight reasons. I have the cast iron mire gauge and it weighs a lot!
    Bill D
    Fascinating. I have a set of 123 blocks, as soon as I get home from work I have to try that.

I should have said I was using them to hold a DI to adjust the table top so the slot was parallel to the blade. Then the fence to the slot.
    I just adjusted the fence the other day because it did not lock down tight to the rail. Unfortunately on a unifence the lock down is also the fence parallel adjustment.
    Big Mistake I used my 0.0001" Di. It has a much bigger dial and is easy to read from a distance. Made me chase it around ten times more then a 0.001 would.
    BilL D

Check out 1018 cold rolled flat bar, 3/8 X 1 inch size. Four foot length from Metals Depot is about $25.