Thread: What's the deal? Jeep rubber ducks.

What's the deal? Jeep rubber ducks.

Maybe this has been a thing for some time, I admit to not being up on any trends, but what is the significance of Jeep owners lining their dashboards with colored rubber ducks? Just curious and waiting for enlightenment.

Blog Entries
    It's so they have something to play with while waiting for the tow trunk after they get stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    It's so they have something to play with while waiting for the tow trunk after they get stuck.
    LOL Lee. I was noodling something along the lines of "all their ducks in a row" but can't make a connection. Anyone?

I know you can buy a duck painted to look like William Shakesphere, not the fishing reel guy.
    Bill D
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 04-14-2024 at 3:39 PM.

I read that after the latest dam break in russia people have been tieing empty plastic bottles to their cars so they do not go sin k into the mud.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    It would be difficult to explain my fondness for ruber ducks, but there are a few in my shop. All were found except someone gave me one, iirc.

A black rubber duck was found in a parking lot and it is now sitting on the dash of my truck.

There was also something about rubber ducks at my last job. It may have been a subtle protest about something. Many of us carried radios for communications. A few of us found small rubber, devil ducks that would fit on the top of our radio antennas. There are still some of those around. There are a couple of pencils colored red in my pencil cup. One has a red lead and the other black. The black one has a rubber duck on it to tell which is which.

Ducks on Monitor.jpg

That picture is old. They are now sitting on top of the window molding.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 04-14-2024 at 7:20 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Howatt View Post
    Thanks Bill. Now I know.

Being the owner of a CJ5 for more than half my life, I'll stick with the Jeep Wave. (Most of the Wrangler owners don't wave anyway.)
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Cool, thanks. I pass this to my brother, he owns Jeep Supershop and he didn't know.

We were down state last year and saw this on a number of occasions. We finally asked someone what the backstory was. It's a Jeep thing. I didn't understand.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    It is a way for one Jeep owner to say "Cool Rig" to another Jeep owner. Usually saved for rigs that have been modified, "It's a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand". But not universally appreciated, some see it as childish. Others have so many lined up on their dash you wonder if they bought them from Walmart. Personally I keep one on the dash as a message that I'm ok if you want to leave a duck.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Bwaa-haa-haa! "Jeep, ask an owner".
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Sometimes you can really tell when an article was written by AI.
    Still waters run deep.