I am rearranging the shop a bit, and putting my Unisaw behind the Felder K700. There is a 6" drop next to them with a 6"blast gate. It has been used with a 6" hose to move back and forth for the saws.

I am making it into quite the little tree. The finished setup will have one blast gate for each saw plus a 4" gate for overhead guards, and finished off with a 4" gate for a floor sweep.

I have 5" metal gates which I planned to use for the two saws since they both have factory 5" outlets, so I ordered 10' of flexible 5" hose from Peachtree. It got here quickly, and it is very nice made in USA hose. Problem is it won't go over any combination of 5" fittings I can find. I bought 6 to 5 reducers, 5" elbows, 5" spiral pipe, with no luck. Won't fit the Unisaw outlet either. Only thing it would go on is the metric Felder fitting. Yes, I left it in the sun to relax and tried a hair dryer also.

I played with it for a couple days, called Peachtree, blah blah, ...no luck. They will take it back but cost to ship back is too much to fool with.

I finally went back to using two 6" blast gates with the old 6" hose I had. There is barely enough hose to fit, and the hose is so sturdy you can hardly bend it. That hose is heavy. My future grandson in law is a HVAC guy and he is going to try to find 6" hose that fits and is flexible.

The tree is made, and I am now committed to having two 6" gates reduced to 5" at the saws and two 4" gates, and hoping he can find a longer flexible 6" hose. I really need to be able to move the unisaw sideways a bit for maximum space utilization.

Thanks for letting me vent.

PS: In case you are wondering what is holding up this heavy drop/tree setup...I have a 6X6 post in two places in the shop. They are non bearing, and were installed for D/C and electrical drops, and machines are nested around them. The drop is attached firmly.