Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly G0490's are shipping

Grizzly G0490's are shipping

I just got an email shipping notification this morning that the G0490 (8" DJ20 Clone) I ordered last month shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow.

With a pre-gloat like that, you must be told that a quick write up on assembly and use, WITH PICTURES, is now manditory.
    I'm anxious to read what you have to say about it as you get it up and running. Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

That is great news. I ordered mine on the fifth of January and have not heard anything yet. When did you order yours and what part of the country are you having it shipped to or at least where is it being shipped from? I do not see a "Location" for you. Mine will come out of Missouri I am sure. I hope that you have good things to report when it arrives. There are a few other members anxiously awaiting also. Allen
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 02-07-2006 at 5:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hedges
    I just got an email shipping notification this morning that the G0490 (8" DJ20 Clone) I ordered last month shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow.
    John,
    Good news. Was the email notification from Grizzly or the delivery company? When I ordered mine I asked if I would get an email with any shipping/delivery info and was told they didn't do that, and that I should call from time to time and they would try to give me an update. I recall with my previous Grizzly tools (TS and bandsaw--not backordered) I just got a call from the delivery people.
    --Rob

Allen, I am in California. I understand that the left coast gets the first shipments of anything as we are closer to the delivery ports from China. Sorry bout the profile, I just updated it.

Rob, yes the email notification was from Grizzly. Did you order your previous tools online. Perhaps it is just the online orders which do that.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hedges
    Rob, yes the email notification was from Grizzly. Did you order your previous tools online. Perhaps it is just the online orders which do that.
    I phoned them in, as I did the G0490 order. Let us know how things look in terms of condition, setup, fit/finish, and of course function--when you get a chance.

Thanks for the information John! By the way ---- good to have you with us. Allen

Will definitely give a quick review on my initial impressions.

Allen, Thanks for the welcome, I have been mostly just lurking for the last few months, seems like a good bunch here.

John, When did you place your order? I order one on the 13th, I'm anxiously waiting for your review!

Russ, I ordered mine on January 11th.

11. G0490

Yes please do let us know how things are going. How do you plan on placing that large table on the base? Us folks on the east coast will have to wait a few more weeks till they get to this side of the country. I guess that "slow boat from China" gets a bit slower when it travels over land.

I guess it gives us east boys a chance to see how you westerners like the fit an feel before we take the plunge.

Hope all is well!!

Michael

John, The reason I asked, I have some table top material waiting for the jointer. Pic attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Russ Massery; 02-07-2006 at 10:36 PM.

I received a call from the trucking company today saying they plan on delivering my G0490 on Friday. I am over a hundred miles from the freight terminal and out in the mountains also so freight deliveries out here are not too fast or swift.

In fact last year it took two weeks after the shipment was in Phoenix before I had it at my house here outside of Prescott.

Howard

Howard, When did you order yours?

Howard where do you live in Prescott. My father in law lives there. Beautiful place.