Thread: Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Hi, kitchen work continues, ceiling is painted and light fixtures back on the ceiling, trim completed and primed.

I went on a short road trip to pick up some red oak and ash, about 320 bf for $275.

IMG_2775.jpgIMG_2772.jpgIMG_2775.jpgIMG_2772.jpg

The top boards are 24” wide

There was about 50 bf of ash, which I’ll give to my brother

So, what did you do last week%?

Wow...nice haul on that lumber, Rod! I've be coveting those wide boards for sure.

I actually spent quite a bit of time in the shop this past week and it was nice. My current project is a shop focused endeavor, making a storage system for my Systainers which has been planned for years but never executed on. Not only was it time to do it, but it's been a good test for my wrist post-surgery with material handling, etc. The hardest thing, believe it or not, has been using the spray gun which is both a constantly moving, weight bearing process that also includes the squeezy thing. So far, so good. I'm making five units initially and if I determine I want/need more, it will be easy to cut more material since I just need to run more units on my CNC. These little towers can be stacked and they are also based on the 32 mm system so in addition to the obvious use with the made for purpose drawer/shelves for the Systainers, they can also accommodate plain shelves as well as drawers. Here's a sneak peak...there will be a full thread when I'm done:

SystainerRack.jpg

Other activities are just normal spring things in the landscaping as well as cutting the grass for the first time last week. (That's happening again today...lots of rain is making it grow quickly)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I sent my 1 ton lathe packing last week to its new home. It was fun getting it on the trailer! Note the once mine MM16 in the background. Package deal..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I made a rough & ready mallet for whacking my froe and pegs and whatever else sits still long enough.
    IMG_1148.jpg
    This is Mulberry from some cut-offs on hand

Rod I believe what you paid for that wide oak is grand theft.beautiful haul I’m so jealous.

Spent several hours changing plugs and wires on my 94 Ford Areostar. Wouldn't wish the job on my worst enemy, but had to be done. Ordered a new set of tires for same van. Fed EX ground left them on neighbor's front porch. Just happened to find them before rain set in, and moved them to the dry. Took oldest sister to her 69th high school class reunion. She can't drive right now, so this meant a couple round trips to get her and take her back home. Total driving about 275 miles. Spent a lot of time cleaning up storm debris. We had hurricane force winds on Thursday morning, taking down a dead tree and breaking a lot of branches. Family celebrated Easter Sunday. We had FIVE GENERATIONS at the table. Not many ever get to do that. Cooked hot dogs for garden club Azalea sale on Saturday

After many weeks of struggle to restore power at the rural property that I inherited from my mother/grandparents, I've stripped the insulation from the large wire salvaged in the deal.
    The "Stripmeister" gizmo worked well & I now have 200lbs of copper to take to the scrap yard.

A client had his e-mountain bike stolen from his garage, so I have been building a dedicated bike storage shed to secure the new one. I rarely buy much lumber these days & on this project only bought some cedar shingles ($$) with everything else pretty much gotten for free including the door, trim, and roofing.

I took some video of the sidewall shingling, & will do a bit more. I'm quite good at it and use a number of techniques that I've never seen on Youtube or elsewhere. I've been working on this property since the late '80s including lots of sidewall, some over 35 years old. Pictured done in 2006.

On Friday I spent three hours dismantling a very large shelving assembly, & ended up with 12 full sheets good as new plywood, and 9 sheets worth of 12" rips and some 2x4s. Already sold $100 worth.

IMG_4929.jpgIMG_4900.jpgIMG_4934.jpg

I completed my first ever breadboard edges on one of the 3 pieces of the tabletop for the dining table I am building. The first one was a real learning experience! I mean a REAL learning experience! The next two went a lot better!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....