Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Large Power Tools

You gotta pay to play, unfortunately, with this kind of thing...or be willing to do all the work (driving, trailer+truck, loading/unloading, rigging, etc)

I have done a lot of this alone / for myself on a "budget" with reasonably heavy (1000-2000 lb) machines various distances and it always involves a good bit of brain power to prepare for and execute this type of thing safely, both for yourself and the machinery.

My specific answer may depend on what class/weight of machines we're talking about and if they can fit in a lift gate, both weight and dimensions wise. Depending on access, etc I would recommend making everything pallet Jack friendly and hiring a truck with a lift gate, but there are so many reasons why that may not work, depending on the details. Forklifts are ideal for heavier stuff but this costs $$ typically.

I have also moved heavy machines down from (lower) trailers on site made ramps and pallet Jack or multiple black iron pipe underneath; anything is possible but much more time and sweat equity down that path compared to hiring out for some hydraulic lifting power.
    Still waters run deep.

the craft is one thing. Finding machines takes time and ongoing another. Moving is a whole other adventure and its a moving target at times and you have to adapt. Its not consistent. I upped to my max weight and its not enough as I looked at heavier machines towards 4,000 lbs. Past was 2,600 approx max. Last two had no forklift on pick up, something new as past always a forklift or a way depending on weight. Id still rather pick up when ever possible. Be self sufficient and do it on my own time. This last one put the time in to have a Float and Telehandler to do the pickup and deliver if needed. Plan to upgrade my whole rig and not have to hire.