Thread: Ordered a new tool and got great customer service!

Ordered a new tool and got great customer service!

My 40+ year old Stanley combination square is having difficulties and I am in the middle of a build. Though in the past, I have been able to make minor repairs to it, I think it's time for a new one. Having read several posts about PEC combinations squares, I elected to go to Harry J Epstein Co and ordered one of their PEC blemished low priced combinations squares 3-piece sets.

After making the purchase, later I went back to insure I got the 4R set and not the 16R machinist set. I mistakenly thought I'd ordered the machinist set so I just ordered a replacement 12" rule. After making the 2nd purchase, I then saw I had, indeed, ordered the right one and didn't need the replacement rule. It's after closing there but I used the chat on their website and got a real human, not AI. The person made it so easy to cancel the 2nd order. Kudos to Harry J. Epstein Co for great customer service!

The Stanley this purchase is replacing is beyond a doubt the most used tool in my shop. I hope the PEC can perform as well as the one it's replacing.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Another nice thing about Epstein is you can see the country of origin at a glance.

Thanks Ken. I’ve had positive experiences with them too.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I received my PEC 12", 3-piece blemished 3-piece combination square today. Wow! I compared it to the machinist squares in my shop and my long-timed cherished Stanley and it's dead spot on. I can live with those blemishes and PEC is now on my list of tool manufacturers!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I've had very good experience with PEC tools, also. You'll like the square.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.