Thread: Vectric Software V12 Now Available

Vectric Software V12 Now Available

I was talking with friend over the weekend and they were unaware that V12 has been released. So, I figured I would post here in case someone wasn't aware of this news.

In general the upgrades look good overall. I personally upgraded my version of Vcarve Pro.

Yes, it was released mid-last week. Please note that they are offering the upgrade at the "old upgrade price" until 30 April 2024. After that, it bumps up to the new going-forward upgrade price. For Aspire users, that's a $50 incentive to upgrade "now". I did buy and download the V12 software the day it was released and have started play with it after watching a few of the update videos. One of the major things with this new release is a bit of change to the UI...a new look; some things have been combined with others and there are a few new things added in. Be sure to spend some time around that before committing to an important project. You can still run your previous version indefinitely as installing V12 does not remove the previous release(s) you may have on your machine(s).
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yea good point on the upgrade cost window Jim, I failed to mention that.

Oh, I didn't know the price was going to go up. IIRC, right now it's $175 to upgrade from V-Carve Pro to the new version. Any idea what the price will be after 4/30? There's probably enough new stuff to warrant the upgrade, the new UI likely not being one of them. I really like the current format, but I guess I'll get used to the new one, too.

Thanks,

John

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I’ve been tossing this around since last week. I don’t use all of the features of 10.5.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Oh, I didn't know the price was going to go up. IIRC, right now it's $175 to upgrade from V-Carve Pro to the new version. Any idea what the price will be after 4/30? There's probably enough new stuff to warrant the upgrade, the new UI likely not being one of them. I really like the current format, but I guess I'll get used to the new one, too.

Thanks,

John
    I believe for VCarve Pro after 4/30 it will be $195.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    I’ve been tossing this around since last week. I don’t use all of the features of 10.5.
    The inlay tool path and the keepout areas are enough for me. I actually made a request for the latter to their support.

The tool database updates in 11.5 are also great.

I also upgraded to V12 (VCarve Pro) the day it was released. Lot's of nice improvements and features. As Michael mentioned, the VCarve Inlay toolpath and Keepout features are key for me. For me it would be worth the upgrade price even though I was able to take advantage of a free upgrade for my personal license. I've turned in a requisition order for the school to upgrade their Aspire license also.
    That said, I wouldn't recommend doing away with V11.5 (or whatever you're using) right away. Like many new releases versions of software, the current release version is not without a few bugs. I encountered one when using the Vector Authorization tool (overlapping vectors) when calculating the VC Inlay toolpath. The program crashes every time I've done that. If I manually fix the vectors prior to calculating, it processes the toolpath fine. I initially suspected that it might have something to do with running the program on a mac via Parallels, but I can duplicate the problem on my Windows computers also.
    I'm working with Katie at Vectric to fix the issue.
    Last edited by Mick Simon; 04-17-2024 at 7:37 AM.

That's good advice, Mick. As of yesterday, they were up to patch 4 of v12. From what I understand, there will be more coming soon.
    Grant
    Ottawa ON

Yep, good point Mick. I've had V10, V11 and V11.5 the whole time. I will probably stay the course for a year or two before V10 is removed. The disk space is pretty minimal and that isn't a lot of harm keeping them around. I actually think this is a good feature Vectric employs.

I used to upgrade my Aspire until I retired and don't need the new features. I could drop back to Vcarve pro 2 and still be fine now. I am up to aspire 8.5

The nice thing is that you don't have to upgrade Jerome if there's nothing compelling there, but can choose to upgrade for "the same price" whenever should some new feature really catch your eye. (I put "the same price" in quotes purely because this time around there is a bump in the going forward upgrade price from $400 to $450 post 20 April 2024)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Stanek View Post
    I used to upgrade my Aspire until I retired and don't need the new features. I could drop back to Vcarve pro 2 and still be fine now. I am up to aspire 8.5
    I am leaning in that direction too.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney