Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ships Ladder

Blog Entries
    I see Lapeyre has added a cushion to the center rail to ease the pain when you fall on your backside while descending facing forward.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    I see Lapeyre has added a cushion to the center rail to ease the pain when you fall on your backside while descending facing forward.
    I fall going up them while facing them or at least misstep alot. They are too close together,in height

Steven's stair is really good for an indoor application but a tree stand will need to be more resilient. Trees move in the wind so the attachments will need to be flexible. The ground is not concrete so some interesting feet are needed. The rails are going to twist and may let the treads come out. Some years in the future rot may send someone for a tumble.

An aluminum step ladder with the front legs removed and secured at the top may work out. A little searching may turn up a used and damaged one free. You'll need to add something to grab at the top.

Be sure to carry a backpack to the blind so you will have your hands free. And a strap for your rifle.