Thread: Folding Room Partition Hardware

Folding Room Partition Hardware

Hello braintrust... I'm working on estimating a client build and I'm in search of some hardware. They're looking for a couple room folding partitions for separating 'classrooms' in some larger rooms of the church. Openings are 189"x83" and 289"x96", respectively, and they seem to have a preference for the 'center fold' style doors. My search for hardware has turned up the two sources below, with the Johnson stuff being the much cheaper of the two, plus they seem US-based versus EU. I'm not as well versed as most in this hardware department so I'm curious what others might recommend. Looking for hardware sources, tips/tricks for this type of build, etc. Thanks in advance!

https://www.johnsonhardware.com/multi-f ... r-hardware

https://www.pchenderson.com/folding/

Blog Entries
    I can't help with the hardware you seek. However, I can tell your from experience that room dividers that don't go floor to ceiling do not work very well for dividing a church room. Whatever is said on one side is clearly heard on the other side. When we remodeled our church a number of years ago we were advised by the architect to purchase and install sliding accordion type room dividers. These were the type that follow a track and fold up compactly against the wall when not in use. We divided a fellowship room into six classrooms. These accordion walls had a flexible seal at the floor and ceiling that stopped pretty much all the sound transfer. Unless someone was talking really loud you couldn't hear it on the other side of the wall.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Lee, I appreciate the advice. I might relay that to the client and see what they say!