Thread: Good you tube, Steinway

Good you tube, Steinway

I guess because I watched the Steinway you tube on the bending wood thread the gods of electrons stuck another you tube on the side bar next time i was on you tube. I fell for the bait and this is excellent. Good energy group of people working together in an old school factory. Been to auctions in those types of buildings and the buildings felt alive and had a sound.

This is long but its really well done. You see all of the process and jigs and equipment they use. Also snips of many great piano players and just how the pianos all sound different when done and they can also adjust some amount. Lots of good cabinet making stuff on there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rAhps4AkT8

this came after interesting as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnquWUItsVM

Excellent. I was mesmerized.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Definitely. Nice find, Warren.

I wonder if Steinway can do my chairs for me...
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

then they would be musical chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    then they would be musical chairs.
    Bravo! You are fast Warren, (which is better than being only half fast )
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Thankyou Warren, for posting those videos. I really enjoyed watching them.

You could see the pride in the people that worked there, and the fulfillment they got from doing what they loved to do. Nice to see.

its a pretty wild video of that whole number of them carrying the piano side layers and into the jig.

Reminds me of past people when they capture a giant anaconda and you see 8 or 10 guys spaced out down the length carrying it to relocate it. Possibly one or two of them inside

Thanks for posting that, Warren. I am glad I had time today to watch the entire thing.