Thread: Creeker’s Past Weeks Accomplishments

Creeker’s Past Weeks Accomplishments

Hello everyone, here in the centre of the universe 🙂, spring has finally arrived.

It was a busy week for us, the kitchen is painted, and we bought new appliances.

We purchased a KitchenAid induction range and a French door refrigerator with bottom freezer. I’m beginning to love cooking on an induction range.

Of course the transmission also pooched it on the Caravan so $4,200 later it’s mobile again

The trim panels I made for the cabinets are up, once I pick up the door latch part for the over the range microwave tomorrow, it will go back on the wall.

Work continues on doors for the new cabinets as well as under cabinet lighting.

So, what did you do last week?

Regards, Rod

Rod, I went induction for cooking after we moved into this house three years ago. I had a higher end Thermador gas range at the prior property and as great as that was, would not go back to gas after enjoying the speed and control of my Café induction range. Congrats on your new kitchen setup!

This past week I reconditioned my main workbench top, flattening it and getting it to where I intended years ago after making it. It’s an incredible uplift for sure. Thread in Workshop with a final update coming. This week I’m not yet sure what will get done…we have my five year old grand nephew with us for the moment as his dad was hospitalized on Saturday night so this very active blond ball of fun will be here at least through tomorrow.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I spent a day and a half at my SIL's installing cabinets in her craft room. I have to go back for a few hours and install the pulls because she had put them in a "safe" place and couldn't find them while I was there. Her place is about an hour drive away, so I feel like I spent more time packing all the tools and "stuff" I thought I might need into the truck (and the reverse) than I spent on the actual cabinet install. Fortunately, on this project at least, I didn't forget anything crucial.

And I actually got to spend a few hours back on the laundry table project; may finish it before I'm room temperature yet. Other than that stuff it's been yard work and car work and pickleball for me.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--