Thread: Performax Rename?

Performax Rename?

I know that Jet bought out Performax (as well as Powermatic) not too long ago, but thought they were keeping the Performax name alive. Klingspors most recent catalog came in the mail today and as I was browsing through it I notice that Jet now has a line of drum sanders. They're obviously the Performax machines with white paint and the Jet name on them. Anybody know whether the Performax name is being phased out? Or are these just being sold under both names now? Cant tell from the catalog pics if there are any differences other than the color/name. I checked Jet's website and don't see the Performax logo displayed anymore like Powermatics is, but I do notice that Amazon and others are still selling Performax units. Not a big deal, but as a Performax owner I'm just curious what the current state of affairs is.
    Use the fence Luke

The parent company - http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/ - still has them listed although not as prominently as I recall.
    Only the Blue Roads

The Performax products still show up on the WMH Tool Group home page, and the online catalog still exists. Look here:

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Man Doug, we must have been reading it at the same time! (in my "reading Room") I aslo noticed the Jet name on them and i went out to look at mine to see if there is any differance. As far as i can tell, it's just a sticker change but the belt on the 10" model is tan in the catalog and mine is black. Perhaps they changed the 10" to the rubber belt i've heard about?

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Andy/Dave - You're right. I should have looked a little more closely. I was on http://www.jettools.com/ which used to also display Performax. Now it just has the Powermatic and Wilton logos (in addition to Jet). With all the logos now on the wmh page, it looks like they're trying to become McTools.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hale
    Man Doug, we must have been reading it at the same time! (in my "reading Room") ....
    Would that be the room with the small round "reading scrolls" hanging from the wall? I hadn't heard about the rubber belt change. I may have to look into that if/when I ever need to replace the one on mine. Rubber sounds like it might make for a better grip.
    Use the fence Luke

It seems that someone (I think Performax) bought the Performax name from WMH (Jet parent company). They will be selling through the current stock that is labeled as Performax and then selling the same equipment under the Jet label.