Thread: 2nd little box

2nd little box

Got home and had to try those new tools. All I can say for the Sorby is, SWEEEEEET!!. And I'm proud to announce I think I can save this box. It has a crack running through the side of the box. It may not make it through the parting process so I'm showing it now before I break it It's 3 1/4" in dia and 2 1/2" long. It's a piece of ambrosia maple I got from John Hart. So give him credit for finding this spectacular wood.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Jim, looks like you got the knack for box turning for sure. Beautiful wood, too bad it looks like it is going to crack. Put the helmet on!

Corey

Bullet proof vest is more like it
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Nice little box Jim. Can you get some CA glue in that crack? If not and you are thinking it will break when you part it off, put an airplane clamp on it.

Good luck.

Ernie

I really hate cracks. Nice looking box though Jim! I bet that epoxy/DNA mixture and a band clamp will fix it up nicely though.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Bummer cause that is a nice looking box. I would also suggest trying either CA or epoxy mixture and clamp. I bet if you let either of those dry and then part it you would be fine.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.