Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

I finished my second rush seat project and began the third. I've got 6 to do in all. I must admit, it is more of a job than I anticipated. Hope you enjoy the pics. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keel McDonald ><>

It was a pretty good weekend.

I had my birthday on saturday and spent some big$$$$ at the local Woodcraft in RI. Gloats to follow.
    Spent sunday during the "raging Historical Storm", in the shop taking my old tablesaw apart to make some needed room.

Spent part of saturday painting the inside of my Garage. The cabinets that I built 17 years ago were begining to look a bit tatered and since we are getting ready to sell this place LOML suggested that I give the whole garage a once over. Went to church Sunday morning, more painting in the afternoon and watched the Budwiser shootout from Datona.

Went to NH with the wife and kids to visit wife's college friends on Saturday, then got snowed in on Sunday and did my taxes and played with my daughters. Sunday PM spent an hour and a half removing 20" of snow from driveway and walkway. No shop time because the minivan was in the garage.

Worked Fri. evening. Sat. morning, got the oil changed on my car and then it was off to the big city with my daughter. Had lunch at Micky D's, ran a few errands and took a little bite out of the Marcus Theater gift card we received for Christmas. Sat. evening, got talked into sitting down for yet another movie, at home this time. Sunday finally got a few productive things done. Fixed a multi-panel picture frame the LOML broke some time ago, hung up a simple display I threw together for my daughter, picked up the shop a bit and actually tried turning the lathe on for a while. (Shoulda' turned it "off" sooner than I did! ) Hope you all have a great week!
    Last edited by John Miliunas; 02-13-2006 at 1:23 PM.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I'm blaming everyone to the south and west of me for my inability to begin the project I said i would. Spent Saturday cleaning shop and getting prepped for project. Then spent Sunday waiting to deal with all the snow those south and west folks got. Ya didn't leave any for me to deal with except about 3". Sheesh.

Okay. Project is now underway.
    Only the Blue Roads

Spent nearly the whole weekend working on my Next IT Contest entry. Loads of fun...still not sure if it's going to work out yet or not. Finished a bowl from a piece of Hickory that Andy Hoyt sent me....Played Monopoly with the girls...
    Quiet weekend.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

There was a weekend?
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Some shop time and lots of family time this weekend.
    Mom is not very happy with her new living arrangement so I've been doing a lot of back and forth with her.
    Youngest and I worked on remuttling and then went to the Ballet.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Howell
    Youngest and I worked on remuttling and then went to the Ballet.
    Oh no!!! Please, please don't tell us a pink tu-tu is part or your wardrobe, too!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

worked on some antiques for a customer, worked on a roof-bow for a 41 chevy for another customer and spent several hours on the wifes 39 installing a new motor....02 tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Went back an check my post in Karl's "Weekend Doing" post and pretty much did what I had planned. Wet to the Houston WW Club meeting for the first time and met lots of nice folks, found out about a "splinter" group that meets not to far from me (actually about the same distance but nowhere near the traffic) and hope to make this gathering next week. Got the hardware for my clock project and almost finished the woodworking part on that hope to begin finishing by the end of the week.

The best part of my weekend however was what I think turned into a pretty good gloat as posted here: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31074
    David

Had a full weekend! Visited my daughter and her boyfriend in Green Bay on Fri/Sat; They go to school there. Sunday went to the Home Improvement show in Milwaukee, we are replacing some of the vinyl floors in our house this spring and wanted to review the options. Looks like it will be ceramic tile.

As I am new to fine woodworking I am working my way through different type of joinery. I used keyed miters for the jewelry boxes I did at Christmas and now I build a box joint sled and cut the joints to make 4 recipe boxes out of cedar on Sunday morning. I did these on the table saw, but I think next time I would do it on the router table. Oh ya, I bought the Hitachi M12V for $129 from Amazon too!

Have a good week everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hoyt
    I'm blaming everyone to the south and west of me for my inability to begin the project I said i would. Spent Saturday cleaning shop and getting prepped for project. Then spent Sunday waiting to deal with all the snow those south and west folks got. Ya didn't leave any for me to deal with except about 3". Sheesh.
    Don't blame that on me: I'm about as far south and west of you as I can get without moving to Australia...and we were in the 80's both days.

Anyhow, started a new box, something a bit different for me...got the sides cut and glued up. Pics to follow when/if I can get my head around what I'm going to do for the top and bottom, something I normally do first.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    I spent another weekend on Kodiak Island</ST1…. I tried to drive the 45 miles in to town on Sunday but the roads were too icy for this desert dweller.
    On the bright side, I’m flying off the island on Thursday and then catching the red-eye home.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney