Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show me your table saw workstations!

Here's mine. When I got my 1023s I decided to hang on to my Craftsman and dedicate it to dado usage. The outfeed table also has a large shelf underneath and two flip up, 3' outfeed extensions-one for each saw. Believe it or not, the fence (which I dialed in to parallel with the 1023 blade) is only out of parallel with the Craftsman saw by about 1/64th. It allows me to handle nearly any sheetgoods and doubles as a heck of an assembly table. Not probably what you were looking for but hey, it's good for conversation!
    Jerry
    Attached Images Attached Images

My favorite so far has got to be Kurt Voss'. What a setup! I love the dust collection and all of the table space! You could do a lot of work there. Unfortunately a setup like that would take up half of my shop. I need more space...

Hey Greg N! I recognise that pail on your saw table! How's the cat?

One picture is my Contractors saw cabinet & the other is the lower drawer that holds my blades in my under extension cabinet for my Unisaw.

The C-S cabinet is 3/4" plywood case with drawers on lockable casters.

I put the other picture of the blade drawer in because if I was to build another C-S cabinet I would include a drawer like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dodge
    My favorite so far has got to be Kurt Voss'. What a setup! I love the dust collection and all of the table space! You could do a lot of work there. Unfortunately a setup like that would take up half of my shop. I need more space...
    Thanks! There's a bunch of space below for storage, but after seeing that great drawer Bart made for saw blades, I'm thinking it's time for some better organization!

Ok, this thread is going great so far!

I'm leaning toward designing my own cabinet at this point.
    So, I have a follow-up question: If I design a simple plywood-and-dado carcass, my primary consideration should be direct support under the actual saw, correct? It seems to me that the main thing is to provide vertical plywood panels positioned at or near the outside of the hole below the saw.

Another question: I really prefer a flush look for drawers. Is there some way I can build something structurally sound enough to suppor the weight of the saw and still get the flush drawer and cabinet look I'd like?
    T.J.
    Head Piddler, My Shop

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. Mahaffey
    Ok, this thread is going great so far!

I'm leaning toward designing my own cabinet at this point.
    So, I have a follow-up question: If I design a simple plywood-and-dado carcass, my primary consideration should be direct support under the actual saw, correct? It seems to me that the main thing is to provide vertical plywood panels positioned at or near the outside of the hole below the saw.

If you'll look at my cabinet it has vertical face frame on each side of the saw with 3/4"plywood dividers directly behind the face frame.
    Another question: I really prefer a flush look for drawers. Is there some way I can build something structurally sound enough to suppor the weight of the saw and still get the flush drawer and cabinet look I'd like?
    I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do this.

I fastened a 2x4 along the length of the case underneath the case & fastened the lockable casters on each end. But now I really don't think this would have been necessary.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Daniel Rabinovitz has a really nice setup. It made it into one of the WWmagazines. There was a therad here some time ago with it in it.

Here are the pics. I could not find the write up.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=1055

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=1056

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=1054
    Last edited by Charles McKinley; 02-23-2006 at 3:29 AM.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery