Thread: Incra Jig owners the Incra Videos...... Yay or Nay?

Incra Jig owners the Incra Videos...... Yay or Nay?

I have a Incra Jig on it's way to me and was wondering will the instructions be sufficient to get me going? If not are the videos are worth the money / do they provide you with anything that you can't get from the manual? If the videos are worthwhile which ones would you recommend?

Thanks for your input,
    Craig

I have one of the older Incra videos (don't recall the name of it) that was, to me, a good addition to the manual. The manual and template guide make more sense after seeing the video. (Keep in mind that I've not actually used any of the templates and such yet...I've just done things manually so far.)

HTH -

- Vaughn

Craig
    I am assume you are refering to the dovetail video if so I have it and did find it informative, it made for a shorter learning curve, I find myself still refering to the instructions from time to time unless you use it consistantly you will probably always double check the instructions. The video does show some shortcuts for setup that were worth it for me.
    I have not seen the basic tips and tech video but I was told when I ordered mine that the dovetail video was better than the tips video.
    Larry

The videos are EXCELLENT! And, if you ever get the chance try and go to one of their live demonstrations held at Woodcraft stores, they are free.

I highly recommend the videos. They show how it's done and take a lot of guessing out of it. Well worth the dollars.
    Bob Nazro
    A Connecticut Yankee
    I've measured this three times and each time I cut it, it's still to short...

IMO, the instructions make sense once you have seen the jig in action. The video helps here. If you have not seen the jig in action, it can be confusing at first.

-Ryan

Thanks for all of the quick answers.

I see that Woodpeckers has the Dovetail and the Box Joint videos as a package for $39.95 right now. Unless someone knows of a better price somewhere else I'll go ahead and order them.

Craig