I ordered a G0490 jointer before Christmas. It was shipped on Feb.6. I received a phone call from FedEx on Feb 7 and set up delivery for Feb 10 in the afternoon. I paid for liftgate service on the jointer. Friday came and no word on the jointer delivery. I called FedEx about three in the afternoon and was told that it was on the truck and they would have the driver call me. No call from the driver. It was again on the truck on Monday and not delivered nor did I receive any phone calls. On Tuesday I called FedEx again and a gentleman there said it was on the truck again and he would get ahold of the driver. Apparently he did because in about an hour the driver called. Discussed it with the driver and decided that it was too chancy for him to bring his 18 wheeler to the house. No surprise there, this has happened before and was one of the reasons for paying for liftgate service so if it had to be offloaded on a trailer or pickup it would be easier.
Met the driver at the designated time and place with a trailer and we off loaded the two packages to the trailer without liftgate service. No punctures or detectable damage. The cardboard box looked like it had been in a warehouse for months but I assumed that was because it had been on the truck for delivery for three days and obviously had been moved around a lot on the truck.

Unpacked the cardboard box and detected that the front panel was not flush on both sides. OK on the right side but bowed in about 3/16 to 3/8" on the left side. Shouldn't be that way I thought. So called Grizzly customer service and they agreed to send a new front panel replacement. Later removed the back panel so that I would be able to get to the motor pulley. Discovered that the back vertical struct that holds the motor mount was not straight but bowed approximently 3/8". Therefore the two pulleys could not be made coplaner. Called Grizzly the next morning and notified them about the problem. Had a call from a man in
Grizzly customer service yesterday morning who asked if I would be satisfied with the replacement of the welded cabinet and I would remove the motor from the damaged cabinet and put it in the new cabinet. I agreed.

Did not hear anything from Grizzly today so just called CS. The records in Customer Service indicate that the Grizzly freight department has notified the carrier about the reported damage. I am not convinced that the damage is due to the carrier but may have occured prior to shipment since the sides of the cardboard box did not show severe compression or punctures.

I am one very unhappy camper at the moment and feel that Grizzly has not responded properly.

Howard