A budding Woodworker friend of mine asked me a question today, and I have no idea the answer. Here is the dilemma: He has completed a project, and stained it using Minwax Red Mahogany Stain. He want's to use Minwax Polycrylic for a durable, protective finish. (The item is a table). Anyway, the instructions on the Polycrylic say that it is not recommended for use over Red Mahogany Stain. I remember seeing this on the can, and we were wondering what the difference is with the Red Mahogany Stain? I have used Polycrylic over Minwax Red Oak and Dark Walnut Stain before, and the results were excellent. Personally, I don't see much difference it the 3 Stains. For Grins, we stained some scrap, and let it dry for 24 hours, and then put a coat of Polycrylic on it. I haven't seen it, but he says it dried well, and it looks OK to him. Any ideas on the restriction for Polycrylic for this one particular Stain Color? I can't think of any thing, other that it may be an issue with the pigment used for Red Mahogany Stain? Just curious what anyone else thinks. Thanks in advance for any ideas or insight.